Philadelphia Flyers -- The Gold Standard in Philly Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philadelphia Flyers -- The Gold Standard in Philly Sports

What does success in professional sports look like? Sure, it's ultimately trophies but beyond that it is the organization's ability to earn the trust of the fans and establish themselves as a credible, hungry, focused group.

The Flyers have not always been this and make a lot of mistakes. They saddle themselves with contracts that do not make sense, have thrown money at problems...but they have been an interesting, competitive franchise for most of my life.

They make their fans feel like they want to win. They do not quit. They play the best teams the best they can and make you believe they can overcome adversity. They establish a core of youth talent and cultivate a really impressive farm system.

I would take 100 Flyer 1st round exits against a team like WAS has built to the absolute detritus they Eagles continue to roll out year after year.

The Eagles are the real disgrace of this city. Their owner is a PUNK that nobody is affected by, they promote lawyers and financial professionals to roles involving talent acquisition and retention...It's a joke.

Maybe support a team that is making a real go of things?
    Charismatic megafauna.

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
    What does success in professional sports look like? Sure, it's ultimately trophies but beyond that it is the organization's ability to earn the trust of the fans and establish themselves as a credible, hungry, focused group.

The Flyers have not always been this and make a lot of mistakes. They saddle themselves with contracts that do not make sense, have thrown money at problems...but they have been an interesting, competitive franchise for most of my life.

They make their fans feel like they want to win. They do not quit. They play the best teams the best they can and make you believe they can overcome adversity. They establish a core of youth talent and cultivate a really impressive farm system.

I would take 100 Flyer 1st round exits against a team like WAS has built to the absolute detritus they Eagles continue to roll out year after year.

The Eagles are the real disgrace of this city. Their owner is a PUNK that nobody is affected by, they promote lawyers and financial professionals to roles involving talent acquisition and retention...It's a joke.

Maybe support a team that is making a real go of things?
    There really is not much difference with the Flyers FO and the Eagles FO. The Flyers have been competitive for much of their existance. Under Lurie the Eagles for the most part have been just as competitive. 6 Division titles, 4 Conf championship appearences with 1 win, 1 SB appearance. The Flyers FO hires people within who clearly are inept (Clarke, Holmgren, Farwell). It looks like they finally got it right with Hextall, but the 3 other GM's consitantly set the franchise back several years with high priced has beens. The difference I think is the Flyers are much more fan friendly and creat a more family atmosphere. The differences stop there.

Comment

TLDR
      WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Yay Flyers! Try-hard losers!

--
        Your Retarded

Comment

Well, at least we know what your posts are going to look like in 20 years...
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
          X