Howie should be able to get his asking price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howie should be able to get his asking price

I hope he gets at least a two this year and something on top of that considering Bradford will.cost whoever so little. Of course elway is going to end up bending Howie over

Hope you're right. Bradford has backed them into a corner here though and I think his value has fallen. If he is traded what then? Daniel isn't an option.
    Last edited by KenfromCanada; 04-27-2016, 10:09 PM.
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      I hope he gets at least a two this year and something on top of that considering Bradford will.cost whoever so little. Of course elway is going to end up bending Howie over
      FWIW...

http://www.9news.com/mb/sports/nfl/d...tall/156699805

Comment

Elway is staring a championship defense season of Mark Sanchez starting right in the face. That's the reality. Howie is holding all the cards. I don't really give a shit what the media is saying. The Eagles have already absorbed the biggest hit in that contract and Denver NEEDS him. Howie should be able to get a decent pull and not a fucking fourth round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
          Hope you're right. Bradford has backed them into a corner here though and I think his value has fallen. If he is traded what then? Daniel isn't an option.
          they're paying Daniel like he's an option. Let him start the season and then if he continues to blow Wentz can take over.

Sammy Sleeves has burned too many bridges at this point to be kept around. Keeping him is a luxury Howie can't afford with what he gave up to move up. Hopefully this "unwillingness to trade" bullshit just gets Elway to give up more. I'll be pissed if he's not traded tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post

Ken, why would you think Daniels isn't an option?

I know he has played very few meaningful games, but he is certainly an upgrade from Sanchez, AND he knows exactly what this offense is from day one?

I have seen him play, I think he may surprise some on here, he's a decent manager and doesn't make stupid mistakes, let the Defense take care of the rest, suit the Rookie up, (whomever that may be) up behind him.

I say give him a shot, this team isn't carrying a trophy back to Broad St. this year anyway?
            Last edited by Eagle Road; 04-28-2016, 08:25 AM.

Comment

The one rumor I heard involved Bradley Roby and a 4th. I'd be thrilled with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                The one rumor I heard involved Bradley Roby and a 4th. I'd be thrilled with that.
                Currently, his Wikipedia page says he plays for the Eagles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_Roby
                Last edited by WeaponX; 04-28-2016, 09:32 AM.
                If you’re not from here, you don’t understand it. If you don’t understand it, you hate it. And if you hate it, we hate you.

"Philadelphia is the only city, where you can experience the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day." by Mike Schmidt

Comment

We all know that Wikipedia is the best source, so yippee.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                    Ken, why would you think Daniels isn't an option?

I know he has played very few meaningful games, but he is certainly an upgrade from Sanchez, AND he knows exactly what this offense is from day one?

I have seen him play, I think he may surprise some on here, he's a decent manager and doesn't make stupid mistakes, let the Defense take care of the rest, suit the Rookie up, (whomever that may be) up behind him.

I say give him a shot, this team isn't carrying a trophy back to Broad St. this year anyway?
                    I think 54 is the number of NFL snaps that Daniels has had. We have no idea what he is. Pederson does as he's seen him in practice. Sanchez is what he is but he has won at this level. With Daniels there's no track record. He might be good. But if he isn't are you comfortable throwing Wentz out there as a rookie? I know I am not. It will ruin him. He needs to sit for the year behind someone. I was hoping it would be bumford. Not likely now and after eating his signing bonus I can't see them signing another qb.

Robin Williams

Comment

What level of "good" are you looking for from Daniel? What level of "good" were you looking for from Bradford?

I don't think it mattered which one of the two trots out there this year as far as winning anything significant goes. The KC offense has asked Alex Smith to complete a lot of short passes and limit turnovers. It hasn't made them a legit contender but at the same time, it's won them a decent amount of games. I don't think there's any reason to think that Daniel can't just manage the offense for a year.

As far as having a guy to show Wentz the ropes...unless it's teaching him how to milk franchises for all the money you can, give me Daniel over Bradford every day of the week. Bradford had all the hype and all the talent and has turned that into nothing. Daniel hasn't done anything either but at least he's had to actually grind to keep a spot on a NFL roster.

I expect them to lose a fair amount this year. However, for me personally, I'll be much less frustrated watching a boring offense led by Daniel get beat than the turnover-ridden slop we've been watching the last few seasons.

Comment

Good backup is a bit of a oxymoron poor choice of words on my part. I guess what I was trying to say is that this guy has been paid a lot of money for someone with his experience and I understood that he was brought along to help integrate Pedersons system. You're right in your comment on it probably being less frustrating watching Daniels play than watching Sham Bumford with his $18 million pricetag.

Robin Williams

Comment

Working...
                        X