Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is why I think Bradford is such a chump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is why I think Bradford is such a chump.

He has the chance to prove something this year...setting himself up for a great contract with another team (or with the Eagles for that matter)... and he acts like a lover betrayed.

The Eagles have him under contract and they have paid him for a more than reasonable salary, am I right? What a douche.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

the thing that gets me...

...is he demands big money because of his self-perceived value...but he does not have the confidence to compete against an unproven rookie.

Also...didn't he turn down a longterm deal with the Eagles when they first got him???

I think youre right...he is a bust, chump AND jagoff...all rolled into one asshole.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

the 2 year contract

The short contract works for both sides, which is why he probably signed it in the first place. The Eagles get a window to see if he can play or move on. Bradford thought that he could get his starter value contract and then convert that into the franchise QB level money within the next season or 2. Even if the Eagles would be forced to franchise him the following year, that tag will be in the mid 20 million by that point. Most players (at other positions) locked into the 4-5 year contracts with much lower salaries would never be in that position.

Bradford is not in a situation where he has a contract that underpays him. He's also not in a situation where the Eagles have come and asked him to take a paycut or get cut. Those are the 2 situations where players get upset with the FO, and fans then worry about how it will impact the team. Bradford just signed a big money deal.

In pulling this stunt, Bradford has not just turned his back on the organization, he also turned his back on his teammates. They will ask the question that Bradford doesn't believe in them enough that they can win despite whatever challenge. Bradford now epitomizes his former coach in the lack of "emotional intelligence".

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        He has the chance to prove something this year...setting himself up for a great contract with another team (or with the Eagles for that matter)... and he acts like a lover betrayed.

The Eagles have him under contract and they have paid him for a more than reasonable salary, am I right? What a douche.
        The plan was obviously to parlay this into a sort of Drew Brees type of payoff after this season. Why Bradford felt the need to tell the football world that he has absolutely nothing in common with Drew Brees at this time, I'll never know. And why his agent let his happen just blows my mind.

Almost seems like he'd rather just retire. Sucks. If he'd played well and built on 2015, he gets a nice long-term deal somewhere, the Eagles get good compensation, some team gets a good QB and everybody walks away happy. Way to fuck it up, Crazee Eyes.
        Last edited by The Duck; 04-30-2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

i think he turned it down

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
          ...is he demands big money because of his self-perceived value...but he does not have the confidence to compete against an unproven rookie.

Also...didn't he turn down a longterm deal with the Eagles when they first got him???

I think youre right...he is a bust, chump AND jagoff...all rolled into one asshole.
          twice - once after chip was shitcanned.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
            twice - once after chip was shitcanned.
            Dude's got the crazy ex-girlfriend thing going on. Not interested in a long term relationship until you've moved on and found someone else.

Comment

Can you imagine telling your boss

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

That you refuse to work because he hired a guy out of college to be in your department because you were afraid that it meant that he had no confidence in you? How long would you last?
              DB

Comment

Working...
              X