• Show
Clear All

• Hell of a game nola

On the pen now. They need some hitters

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
    On the pen now. They need some hitters
    Three hit shutout. Clutch pitching.

Comment

Can u imagine if they had just 2 more semi-consistent hitters? I don't know how long this will last, but it's fun right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
        Can u imagine if they had just 2 more semi-consistent hitters? I don't know how long this will last, but it's fun right now.
        So now you build on getting the hitting. Starting pitching is harder to obtain, IMO.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

The guy is up to 20 consecutive shutout innings...impressive.

Except for last night the pitching has been incredible.

Comment

They are on a run but it's just not sustainable. -22 run differential... Way too many easy outs in the lineup. Bourjos might as well be a traffic come at the plate

Comment

6th team shut out of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                So now you build on getting the hitting. Starting pitching is harder to obtain, IMO.
                You are correct. I think finding a couple of above average hitters shouldn't be an overly difficult task.

Comment

this is correct

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                  Unfortunately, I think our most MLB ready hitters are blocked pretty well this season. I'll be curious to see if they start bringing up some of the fringe outfielders - I suppose they have with Lough. But they need to get some consistent power from somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                    Unfortunately, I think our most MLB ready hitters are blocked pretty well this season. I'll be curious to see if they start bringing up some of the fringe outfielders - I suppose they have with Lough. But they need to get some consistent power from somewhere.
                    Regardless of what happens this year, hard not to be optimistic looking ahead. They have some very promising bats in the minors, and decent hitting outfielders aren't too hard to find in general. A great pitching pipeline is the hard part.

Comment

I'm not trying to rain on this parade, but aside from Velasquez and Nola, who do you think is a great pitcher on the Phillies?

EDITED TO ADD: It looks more to me that, aside from those two, they have a lot of good to decent pitchers who are pitching really well right now ... if they're still this good in September, I'll frankly be astounded.
                      Last edited by slag; 05-04-2016, 06:45 PM.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        I'm not trying to rain on this parade, but aside from Velasquez and Nola, who do you think is a great pitcher on the Phillies?

EDITED TO ADD: It looks more to me that, aside from those two, they have a lot of good to decent pitchers who are pitching really well right now ... if they're still this good in September, I'll frankly be astounded.
                        Nola is going to get hit as well..Velasquez stands out to me. Nola has good stuff but I can't see him being dominant for the course of a season. In my eyes he's a step up from eickoff.

Comment

Nice pick by RAJ

Hope among the two pitchers they are considering this year that it works out well too.
                          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Same

Originally posted by slag View Post

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                            Nola is going to get hit as well..Velasquez stands out to me. Nola has good stuff but I can't see him being dominant for the course of a season. In my eyes he's a step up from eickoff.
                            Nola's a #2 hopefully and I think he'll be effective. Maybe I underrate Eickhoff, but he has pitched really well since he got here.

But, the Phillies are fun to watch right now and we've got one more month of interesting baseball to watch than I thought. I would be thrilled to see them finish .500.

oh, and they should be picking their future ace this summer. Jason Groome

Comment

JP Crawford will

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                              Nola's a #2 hopefully and I think he'll be effective. Maybe I underrate Eickhoff, but he has pitched really well since he got here.

But, the Phillies are fun to watch right now and we've got one more month of interesting baseball to watch than I thought. I would be thrilled to see them finish .500.

oh, and they should be picking their future ace this summer. Jason Groome
                              Make the team in a year or so at the most. That means a solid leadoff or #2 hitter. May not have a lot of HR power but he hits doubles like a fiend and he's damned fast. Future looks much better than under Ruin Tomorrow's regime.
                              You're my boy, Blue.

Comment

Working...
                              X