well Guys tomorrow is my Day, getting my left shoulder scoped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well Guys tomorrow is my Day, getting my left shoulder scoped

been waiting for this for 3 years,,tore my left labrum and some other things benching Incline in 2013...the doctor took one look at my Rt shoulder and deemed it worse than my left,,so I had that one done 1st.... He's talking about cutting my Biceps tendon pulling it out of my AC joint and reattaching it over the Top,,,I don't want that, being i'm a guitar player,,So Im hoping he wont have to do that,,My recovery would be almost 4 weeks in a sling! Ugggh! Say a prayer for me that they don't have to cut and splice my tendon, or Microfracture surgery.

So this is also my break period from the board,,I take off from the End of the draft till camp every year for about 12 years now,, I will come back on and give updates,,also to chime in on Political stuff,,I can't resist....Be good and if we do a Phillies game gayte...Im in!
    Last edited by TRENT; 05-04-2016, 08:21 PM.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
    been waiting for this for 3 years,,tore my left labrum and some other things benching Incline in 2013...the doctor took one look at my Rt shoulder and deemed it worse than my left,,so I had that one done 1st.... He's talking about cutting my Biceps tendon pulling it out of my AC joint and reattaching it over the Top,,,I don't want that, being i'm a guitar player,,So Im hoping he wont have to do that,,My recovery would be almost 4 weeks in a sling! Ugggh! Say a prayer for me that they don't have to cut and splice my tendon, or Microfracture surgery.

So this is also my break period from the board,,I take off from the End of the draft till camp every year for about 12 years now,, I will come back on and give updates,,also to chime in on Political stuff,,I can't resist....Be good and if we do a Phillies game gayte...Im in!
    Best wishes! I don't know any PTs in your area but I might know somebody who might know somebody good if you need PT.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Get well soon

Sounds particularly brutal. Hope to see you at the gayte, and feeling much better...

Comment

thanks, I do have someone good local

nervous because it my playing arm,,but should no issues I have a great Surgeon...just going to enjoy sleeping in my bed tonight, last time for 3 weeks,,,have to sleep in a chair.
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

Sounds like you'll be dating the stranger for the next few weeks. Good luck with the surgery bro.. Get well soon.

Comment

much appreciated, thanks

Im going to be happy as hell 6 months from now,,but tomorrow night and the rainy weekend will be a tough go,,Ill be all doped up ! Smoked Up,,wandering around the house at 330 am eating peanut butter tandy cakes and klondikes, and what ever else don't move

My rt ball joint had the Micro surgery,, Im hoping this one wont need that,,I was on the table 5 hrs the last time,,,the tendon is the other thing that could turn this into a much longer recovery,,if you tear your rotator cuff,, your in the sling for 3 to 4 weeks,,,that's a painful shitty time,,hoping I don't have to go thru that..
            Last edited by TRENT; 05-04-2016, 09:24 PM.
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

I tore my labrum when I crashed that motorcycle memorialized in my avatar last month. I decided against the surgery because I can't do weeks in a sling on top weeks of physical therapy with a new baby. Not an option. I'll try building it back and letting it heal up and see where it stands after three months or so.

Best with your surgery tomorrow. Give updates, I'm curious to hear how it goes.

Comment

Good luck

Yea. Hope it all goes well. Just don't sell your meds
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

well as long as your not a lifter

for me I couldn't train properly, then My right should started going,,was so bad at the Miami Gatye I threw the football maybe 25 times with Kathy and my AC joint was screaming for 3 days,,I teach tennis most summers,,not the last 3,,so its time to get back on the horse....U will feel things move and pop,,if you can ride with it then thats fine. Took me 3 years to get around to it...thanks man and gdluck with yours..and the little one,,fun times.
                  Last edited by TRENT; 05-04-2016, 09:59 PM.
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Thanks Screamin

I been down this road a few times, last night Iget to sleep in my bed,, and of course I won't sleep.
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

Thanks, 3I has dibs

on the leftovas
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

Good luck with it. Maybe you should let the kid post as you while you're out of commission.

Comment

Why are you benching? Try yoga.
                          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Good luck Trent

There are much worse things to recover from - friend of mine just had a prostatectomy. He's gotta wear depends like IG!
                            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Don't underestimate modern medicine. I work with a guy who had two extremely diseased knees and suffered with excruciating pain for most of his adult life. After having both knees replaced, he's kicking ass in his baseball league and practically dances through the aisles at work.

I'm not trying to minimize your experience, but just trying to assure you that what you're about to go through will be life changing in a more positive way than you could know right now. I'm also a musician, so I understand your concern. If you trust your doctor to do the right thing, you already know you'll do whatever you can to get back to playing condition.

Gives you the opportunity to get back to practicing your modes, too....

Get well soon!
                              WELCOME TO THE PHILA. SPORTS FANISM. WIN, WE LOVE YA, LOSE,WE LOVE YA, BUT YOU'RE A DICK FOR LOSING.
                              - DEERSPINE GUY

The classic Philly sports fan mindset. It's not right or wrong - it is what it is. Both a shame and a mantle of pride. Love and hate in constant turmoil.
                              - Susquehanna Birder

Comment

Working...
                              X