one thing that is better about this new Eagles regime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one thing that is better about this new Eagles regime

Is the way they are handling the immediate aftermath of Sammy Sorrows. No smear. Not giving into trade demands. Just saying "We aren't trading him" and that they will welcome him back with open arms when he is ready.

Under Banner, this would have been war.

End result is tbd, but I'll give them the immediate credit for this.

(Should they have even resigned Bradford / # of years/ $$ / franchise tag/ etc is discussion for another thread)
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

They miscalculated that Bradford would be a dick. Obviously a two year contract wasn't a commitment by either party. He's getting bad advice.

But he's already rich so not much to lose except his legacy. Which will be zero.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

For a guy who has done little in this league, except made a shit-ton of money, he sure has a sense of entitlement.

This silent treatment BS makes him look an immature, whiney beotch. Get a set of balls,man-up and lead by example. I've lost what little respect I had for him.

Comment

His response has suprised a lot...

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        They miscalculated that Bradford would be a dick. Obviously a two year contract wasn't a commitment by either party. He's getting bad advice.

But he's already rich so not much to lose except his legacy. Which will be zero.
        ..... Have been watching the NFL channel talking heads... Several of them commented Sam's response has surprised many players and people behind the scenes.

Haven't heard one player(active or retired) agree with how he is handling the situation. Some agree why he is mad but not one agrees on the response.

Also heard only 1 current teammate has reached out to him.... That doesn't sound good from my angle.
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

he will be eating lunch in his car half way through summer
          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

He's hurting his future market value and losing respect with the other players. There is no reason for him to be skipping out. He's overpaid and everyone knows it.

The only thing he's accomplishing is screwing over the Eagles.

Wouldn't surprise me if he retires. What else can he do? Howie won't give him away and he won't be able to lead the team.

Comment

Not according to Mikey Miss. Bradford doing only thing he could after Eagles took Wentz
              Last edited by Ellsworth; 05-05-2016, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                Not according to Mikey Miss. Bradford doing only thing he could after Eagles took Wentz
                What's his logic?

If Bradford starts and takes the Eagles to the playoffs, he's a hot commodity. What's he accomplishing by acting like a spoiled brat? The guy has no resume to stand on. He should want to build one.

Comment

doesnt take a brain surgeon to realize

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                  Is the way they are handling the immediate aftermath of Sammy Sorrows. No smear. Not giving into trade demands. Just saying "We aren't trading him" and that they will welcome him back with open arms when he is ready.

Under Banner, this would have been war.

End result is tbd, but I'll give them the immediate credit for this.

(Should they have even resigned Bradford / # of years/ $$ / franchise tag/ etc is discussion for another thread)
                  smearing him only deflates his already plummeting trade value. But youre right, Banner never understood this.
                  Last edited by Irish George; 05-05-2016, 08:27 PM.
                  Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

Lesson learned from the DeSean Jackson affair.

Comment

Should we be hopeful that Howie is learning? Ugh
                      WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

I wonder what was originally offered by the Eagles. Did the Eagles want a longer term deal but Bradford turned it down? Or was a 2 year deal was what was offered by the Eagles and Bradford had no other long term suitors?

I suspect the former, but who knows?

In any case Bradford certainly has hurt his market value going forward.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Imagine if sleeves accepted the dream team's contract extension early last year?

Landscape today would be complete 180

Comment

I'm sure the Eagles offered a longer contract but not for the money Bradford thinks he's worth. Has any player made more money from less results?

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                              Imagine if sleeves accepted the dream team's contract extension early last year?

Landscape today would be complete 180
                              That was a Chip offer, wasn't it?

Bozo. Niners aren't giving him personnel control. Smart.

Comment

Working...
                              X