5000 to 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5000 to 1

The Sixers' odds to win the NBA championship were 500 to 1.

That's all you need to know about how fucking crazy it is that Leicester City won the Premier League championship.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Originally posted by Loki View Post
    The Sixers' odds to win the NBA championship were 500 to 1.

That's all you need to know about how fucking crazy it is that Leicester City won the Premier League championship.
    I've been hearing a lot about this and don't know anything about the league.

How did they win?

Comment

Scored more goals

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
        Scored more goals
        Good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post

How did they win?
          I think the real reason you see ridiculous odds like 5000-1 for Leicester is the lack of playoffs in the premier league. Whichever team finishes in first place at the end of the season is the champion. There's no possibility for a team to sneak into a postseason and catch fire.

So, you have to be at or near the top of the standings through the course of a 38 game season. Everyone expected Leicester to fall off at some point and they just kept winning games. Incredible.

Comment

It might be the greatest underdog story in the history of sports. They have a bunch of players who are scrappy and really fast. They kind of attacked as counter punchers and it worked all season long. But they have no huge names. They weren't even playing in the top division a few years back. Just incredible. It's hard to think of a comparison in American sports - at least during my lifetime. Like a 16 seed winning the NCAA tournament.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

No US equivalent considering relegation structure but it is most like the Syracuse Crunch winning the Stanley Cup.
              Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

It's kind of like a 16 seed ending a 36 game NCAA regular season ranked #1 in the nation. Even the tournament only requires 5 wins.

Comment

The Indians winning the pennant in Major League was pretty close.

Comment

Boring ass sport
                    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

It's a great sport. Much better in person than on TV though and probably one of those sports that is harder to appreciate if you didn't grow up around it or play it. I can understand why people don't like it though. Not a lot of scoring and the exaggeration of injuries are a big turn off.

Comment

Mahrez, Kante and Vardy came up huge this year. I've been to more Premier League games the last year than Eagles games. Best sporting event I've ever attended.

Comment

I had no idea what these old biddies were gabbing about
                          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

It's definitely growing in popularity here

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                            It's a great sport. Much better in person than on TV though and probably one of those sports that is harder to appreciate if you didn't grow up around it or play it. I can understand why people don't like it though. Not a lot of scoring and the exaggeration of injuries are a big turn off.
                            Partly because of the running clock. No timeouts/tv timeouts. Just a 15 minute break between halves.

Comment

Seeing a game at Emirates is on my must do list. I was at the Italy-Bulgaria World Cup semifinal in '94. Baggio scored twice. Probably the coolest sporting event I've ever attended.

Comment

Working...
                              X