• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raise/Raze the Statue!

http://deadspin.com/court-opinion-re...-je-1775014993
    --
    Your Retarded

I work with a die hard Paterno loyalist (Franco Harris style). I just got him to admit that Paterno most likely was advised of Sandusky's actions multiple times over a 30 year span. If you had heard this guy's defense of Paterno in the past, this admission was akin to Jessop admitting he ordered the Code Red. Now his only point is that "things were different" back that and you didn't talk about those things.

At the end of the day, it's just sad. I have no doubt that overall Paterno was a good man. He's dead now so it really doesn't make any difference. It was stupid to punish the players for this. I just hope the family and the Franco Harris's of the world can stop insulting us with their mental gymnastics now.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

A good man...

maybe if he let it slide once. Maybe if Joe didn't want to believe it was true. But multiple times he allowed the predator to continue to fuck little boys in the ass.

That's not a good man.
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Yeah, I realized after I wrote that that it might be objectionable. Humans are complicated. He did a lot of good. He did something absolutely reprehensible. I won't be the one judging the totality of his life's worth.

Comment

Why does it take so long for this shit to come out. He knew 30 years ago but nobody spoke of this until now, not while it was going on when Sandusky got caught.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            I work with a die hard Paterno loyalist (Franco Harris style). I just got him to admit that Paterno most likely was advised of Sandusky's actions multiple times over a 30 year span. If you had heard this guy's defense of Paterno in the past, this admission was akin to Jessop admitting he ordered the Code Red. Now his only point is that "things were different" back that and you didn't talk about those things.

At the end of the day, it's just sad. I have no doubt that overall Paterno was a good man. He's dead now so it really doesn't make any difference. It was stupid to punish the players for this. I just hope the family and the Franco Harris's of the world can stop insulting us with their mental gymnastics now.
            I believe some of the stuff people complain about now is overstated.

But I know for sure that back in the 70's when I was a kid some people (not the general public) knew this sort of thing was going on and just did not act.

For example, a popular nickname for some teachers and coaches among the students where I went to middle school was to preface their name with a "Mo". For example "MoJack". Gym teacher at my middle school was also a guy you might want to stay away from.

In my mind that kind of indicated there was some bad stuff going on. Actually from talking various friends and other people I'm pretty sure of it both in my public school and private Catholic school experiences.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

The guy I work with actually just retired so he's older. He told me in the 70's he served on a children and youth board tied to the municipality and he wasn't permitted to speak to children on school property about alleged abuse nor was he allowed to speak to teachers. Basically the rules ensured that this stuff went under the rug. So, I have no doubt "things were different" back then.

The one thing that has always driven me crazy is when people say "Well, JoePa reported it to his superiors." JoePa had no superiors. That's an enormous cop out IMO. Anyway, the important thing is that the guy who actually committed the crimes will spend the rest of his life in prison.

Comment

Working...
              X