Phils call up Tommy Joseph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phils call up Tommy Joseph

Nice to see their taking the performance seriously enough to make moves the team needs. I wouldn't want a trade, but I like the fact that they are trying without risking the future. Tojo was dfa-ed last year, so the risk is minimal.

I'm guessing Ruf will get the boot and I think he had to be dfa-ed as well.

Ruf sucks

Comment

Biggest problem with Ruf was his likeness to Sham

Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Hopefully he plays well.

It would be nice to get some return from the Pence trade.
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
          Nice to see their taking the performance seriously enough to make moves the team needs. I wouldn't want a trade, but I like the fact that they are trying without risking the future. Tojo was dfa-ed last year, so the risk is minimal.

I'm guessing Ruf will get the boot and I think he had to be dfa-ed as well.
          I saw Joseph as a Double A Richmond Flying Squirrels several years ago. He was a really good minor league catcher but I hope he's a good fit at least 1B. I recall him being a standout hitter for Richmond. It wouldn't take much more than a bit of consistency at the plate for him to stick with the big club. That and avoiding head injuries.
          You're my boy, Blue.

Comment

1st big league HR!!

Comment

I'm

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
              1st big league HR!!
              optimistic about TJ. I think with a long run of decent health he could be the guy at 1B.
              You're my boy, Blue.

Comment

He was always a player.

If he can stay healthy, it could be another nice bat in the middle of the lineup.

At least at first he doesn't have to worry about getting slammed by baserunners or taking 90 mile an hour fastballs to the mug.

Speaking of fast balls to the mug, where's DQ been today?
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Good

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                  If he can stay healthy, it could be another nice bat in the middle of the lineup.

At least at first he doesn't have to worry about getting slammed by baserunners or taking 90 mile an hour fastballs to the mug.

Speaking of fast balls to the mug, where's DQ been today?
                  question. He's due for giving somebody the windup right about now.
                  You're my boy, Blue.

Comment

Working...
                  X