Panthers cut Brandon Boykin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panthers cut Brandon Boykin

...after just signing in March. Quite odd. I say bring him back on the cheap.

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
    I'm starting to think Boykin is a Class A A-Hole. With that being said, bring him to camp and see what he does. If he continues his crap cut his ass.

Comment

Didn't make it here, didn't make it in Pissburg, and didn't make it in Carolina. Who's to say that he wouldn't somehow pull a legit career out of his ass?

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
        Didn't make it here, didn't make it in Pissburg, and didn't make it in Carolina. Who's to say that he wouldn't somehow pull a legit career out of his ass?
        I thought he played well here. He didn't even play in Carolina.

Maybe he is a jerkoff, who knows...but the secondary needs help, IMO.

Comment

I always thought he was a pretty good (at times, really good) slot corner. I put zero stock in Kelly's cuts but not seeing the field in Pitt with that weak secondary and now not even making it to camp with Carolina is strange and troubling.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I'll always like him for his 4th quarter INT vs Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
              Its not really that odd. Carolina ended up drafting a ton of corners this year so they had to cut Boykin. I think he still gets respect around the league as a specialty slot corner guy.

Unfortunately, the Eagles have filled his role with McKelvin so it would appear theres no place for him on this roster. Also, this dude Howie pulled out of LSU seems real limited in what he can do at the next level so it would appear they have designs on making him a slot corner as well. The Eagles dont have room right now for boykin.
              "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Okay, I'll admit that I enjoyed his play somewhat, and I was kind of sad to see him leave. But his success was being a star on a mediocre defense, and once he went to squads that actually performed, he was at the bottom of the talent pool. I hope our defense isn't going to be so bad that Schwartz would consider needing him.

Comment

Maybe Trotter wants back in the fold. Or Hugh Douglas.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                    Maybe Trotter wants back in the fold. Or Hugh Douglas.
                    Only about 12 years difference...but close...

Comment

I'd rather hope for a has been than a never was. Troy Vincent has been active in the league. Maybe he could make the jump.
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I'd rather hope for a has been than a never was. Troy Vincent has been active in the league. Maybe he could make the jump.
                        You've already proved this to be inaccurate. You're a Bumford fan.

Comment

So inaccurate that he was given starter money to be the starter.
                          Last edited by BigSlizz; 05-17-2016, 09:52 AM.
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

So inaccurate that he was given starter money to be the starter.
                            Hundreds of professional athletes have had big contracts and did not deserve them.

Keep defending this moron. It's quite comical.

Comment

He got the starting job he earned at the end of last season. I don't see what's so hard to understand/comical about that. I don't really care what he's done in April or May. He'll start and he'll pick up where he left off, or he'll be replaced.
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                              X