Not really feeling Ben Simmons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really feeling Ben Simmons

Think I'might with Ike Reese on this. Wants to play for Lakers - because it might help Nike raise their offer on his shoe deal. That appears to be his priority. Had a camera crew following him around at LSU. He's obviously very talented but he doesn't strike me as the type of guy you want on a rebuilding team.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

I'll take a kid from Kinston any Day!!

Comment

The Lakers are probably the preferred spot for most star players coming in. Him wanting to maximize his brand doesn't concern me as much as the other things - competitiveness, jumpshot, etc.

I still think they have to pull the trigger if they end up with the #1 pick. Too much potential there to pass on...

Comment

i know it sounds like a Stinkie Hinkie move but, if the Lakers want him that bad maybe they could swap picks this year and get two more, unprotected, first rounders from a desperate organization.
        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          Think I'might with Ike Reese on this. Wants to play for Lakers - because it might help Nike raise their offer on his shoe deal. That appears to be his priority. Had a camera crew following him around at LSU. He's obviously very talented but he doesn't strike me as the type of guy you want on a rebuilding team.
          I've gone back and forth on this and would be happy with Simmons or Ingram.

At this point, I'd prefer Ingram. There's no doubt he'd be a better fit for their present situation. I hope they don't trade Jah, but I think it's gonna happen.

Comment

I don't have a problem with him wanting to maximize his brand in and of itself, but when you group it together with his questionable competitiveness it paints a picture of a guy who would be contrary to everything Brown is about. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Comment

I read on Twitter today that only 8 times in the last 26 draft-lotteries, has the 1st or 2nd worst team actually received the #1 pick.

Let's make it 9 out of 27...

Comment

I'd love to see 2 and 4

The Lakers get fucked.

Sixers get Ingram and then Dunn.

Your backcourt for the next ten years.

Simmonds goes to Bahstahn at number 1.
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I really like Dunn. Not at 1 or 2 but I think he will be a legit NBA PG.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                    The Lakers get fucked.

Sixers get Ingram and then Dunn.

Your backcourt for the next ten years.

Simmonds goes to Bahstahn at number 1.
                    This scenario would be incredible.

Comment

Or, the NBA tries to make an example of the Sixers' tanking strategy and we end up with the 7th pick. That is what I am preparing myself for, just to be safe.

Comment

Can't go lower than 4. It's going to be Lakers 1, Sixers 4.

Comment

Or, the NBA tries to make an example of the Sixers' tanking strategy and we end up with the 7th pick. That is what I am preparing myself for, just to be safe.
                          Nah. The worst they can possibly do is #4.

Comment

Oh yeah. Right. That is what it will be, then.

Comment

Oh yeah. Right. That is what it will be, then.
                              Even with this scenario, Dunn and Hield should both be there. I'd be happy with either.

Comment

Working...
                              X