Yet another year with the Sixers holding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another year with the Sixers holding

the number one overall pick and there is no consensus best generational talent there.

Welcome to Sixers world.

No Lebron. No Duncan. Another roll the dice and hope you got the best one. Blech.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Was Iverson a bust? I don't remember them having a number one overall pick other than him and maybe Doug Collins?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      Was Iverson a bust? I don't remember them having a number one overall pick other than him and maybe Doug Collins?
      Don't interrupt the bitch session where someone pisses on the good fortune of a Philly team.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
        I was just listening to another national sports talk program where the host said the same thing. People don't realize we haven't had the #1 since Iverson.

Not to mention, before the season, Simmons WAS (and still might be by some) considered a clear-cut #1 overall pick. I'm happy tonight...

Comment

Was he a generational talent?

He was very good, as shown by his Hall of Fame induction.

But Kobe ended up being the best player from that draft.
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Daugherty. But the dunderhead owner sent the pick to Cleveland for Roy Hinson.

Comment

Iverson and Shaq would have been a nice pairing

Originally posted by Loki View Post
              He was very good, as shown by his Hall of Fame induction.

But Kobe ended up being the best player from that draft.
              Watch the Iverson documentary if you get the chance.

Comment

Ok, he was still the consensus number one pick going in to the draft. Where are all these "years of having the number one overall pick"? They've had two in their entire history.

Comment

Better than picking Evan fucking Turner

Comment

I'm honestly not going to do the work for you.

Just look at one of the draft sites. See who the Sixers got. See the players drafted a year before or a year after and see if you get the idea then, ok?

Comment

I don't need you to do anything because I know the answer. "Yet another year with the Sixers holding the number one overall pick". It's happened twice. Get a dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                        Just look at one of the draft sites. See who the Sixers got. See the players drafted a year before or a year after and see if you get the idea then, ok?
                        How can you have a negative outlook on last night? It's very difficult.

Comment

Another good pair would have been Iverson and Jerry Stackhouse.

Oh, wait...

Comment

After time, people forget.

No free agents wanted to play for the Sixers back then.

Comment

And, as I pointed out, you would be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X