Clear All

• Discuss

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...87d_story.html

No

Comment

9 in 10 pricks not offended by foreskins name

Comment

why?
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
          why?
          I'm just curious what people's thoughts are on this particular poll.

Obviously this subject has been discussed on this board many times before and has overwhelmingly boiled down to labeling people as racists if they don't agree with others certain PC views.

I find it interesting that this was the most detailed and comprehensive poll to date regarding the use of the word "Redskins" from a native American's point of view. With that 90% of the respondents not only don't find it offensive, but also view it with a sense of pride.

So who gets to decide what is considered a racist term? The people it is actually referencing or people with faux outrage who just want to find anything to bitch about?

Comment

I have one question for you, Bunky ... would you go up to a Native American woman with a baby carriage and say "That's a really cute redskin you have there, ma'am" ... huh, would ya?

End of discussion ... now go debate the the merits of Monet versus Van Gogh with the Dead Tree Crew.
            Last edited by slag; 05-20-2016, 05:53 PM.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
              I have one question for you, Bunky ... would you go up to a Native American woman with a baby carriage and say "That's a really cute redskin you have there, ma'am" ... huh, would ya?

End of discussion ... now go debate the the merits of Monet versus Van Gogh with the Dead Tree Crew.
              Thanks for such an intelligent and well thought out reply. Very impressive I must say.

When you decide to come down from your high horse, maybe you would be interested to actually read some facts from the poll that address the very question you posed to me. This is what Native Americans thought about that subject. I have copy pasted the paragraph for you below in case you are too lazy to actually read the full article.

"Among the Native Americans reached over a five-month period ending in April, more than 7 in 10 said they did not feel the word “Redskin” was disrespectful to Indians. An even higher number — 8 in 10 — said they would not be offended if a non-native called them that name."

Here's the link to the article. Third paragraph in. Enjoy.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...f9a_story.html

Comment

I like this paragraph better

"Native Americans are resilient and have not allowed the NFL’s decades-long denigration of us to define our own self-image,” wrote Oneida Nation Representative Ray Halbritter and National Congress of American Indians Executive Director Jacqueline Pata. “However, that proud resilience does not give the NFL a license to continue marketing, promoting, and profiting off of a dictionary-defined racial slur — one that tells people outside of our community to view us as mascots."

Sort of gets to the crux of it all.
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I guess it gets to the "crux of it all" from one man's quoted opinion. That's if you choose to just take what he says as gospel.

I was referencing poll numbers of questions that were posed to many people to get a general consensus regarding the subject. To me, that carries a lot more weight than one man's (some would say politically slanted) opinion.

Comment

seems like..

the white liberals are the ones getting offended,and that fraud ray halbritter is not even oneida yet he speaks for them.

Comment

I see you didn't read it. And it was more than one person's

opinion. But by all means celebrate. It's a joyous day for Washington Nameless team fans.

Comment

Why should they be ? My son is 1/2 native american and could care less. This is just a society now of complaining about shit that nobody cared about 10,15,20 years ago. Everyone needs something to bitch about.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
                          Why should they be ? My son is 1/2 native american and could care less. This is just a society now of complaining about shit that nobody cared about 10,15,20 years ago. Everyone needs something to bitch about.
                          Tom Retard weighs in!

Comment

kingjurker

Comment

Answer the fucking question, pal.

The answer isn't a poll ... I'm asking if YOU would do it.

You know you wouldn't ... now ask yourself why.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X