A humbled thank you to those who did not return home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A humbled thank you to those who did not return home

Remembering three of my high school schoolmates who made the supreme sacrifice in Vietnam so many years ago.

RIP to all our fallen servicemen and women and peace to their Gold Star families.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Yea, happy the youngster made it through his tour...

in the Navy, which included three trips to the Persian Gulf.

Granted, he was on a big assed carrier, but you never know.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I knew 2 guys from HS who didn't make it back.
      My grandson is going to Afghanistan in 2 weeks for the third time, and 1 tour in Iraq.
      Will all this be never ending?

Comment

thank God

I remember him when he was a little guy. Thanks for your service, Loki Jr.
        May 7, 2010

Comment

for all those who didn't come back

those who did are the most grateful.

my wife told me the other day that she has a patient who she " thinks was in WWII because he has all these patches and medals "

I said, "oh, yeah? take a picture for me"

so, she has this pic of him holding this batch of patches and medals, and there is the "1"

I told her "Holy hell, that's the Big Red One! This guy wasn't just "in the war," he was one of the first guys on the beach at Omaha."

She asked him about it, and all he would say was, yeah, he was there, but all he could think about was all his buddies who didn't make it.

sends shivers down your spine.

Comment

He's not staying in? You need to carefully watch him when he gets home. Many Navy veterans are no longer capable of making competent decisions on what defines an attractive woman. He'll need your support.

Comment

Bwah! Nice.

Comment

Haha! Glad he is back safe and sound, Loki!
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Dimmy will be thrilled.

He got a job with the TSA after. He's also been taking tests for air marshal and a couple other like jobs.

Be nice, Dimmy. Or someone is going to get a full cavity search by Bruno, whose nickname is sausage fingers.
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

when will Igglephans...

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                    He got a job with the TSA after. He's also been taking tests for air marshal and a couple other like jobs.

Be nice, Dimmy. Or someone is going to get a full cavity search by Bruno, whose nickname is sausage fingers.
                    ...install a "like" button?
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X