• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion between Philly / ATL...

For Noel and Jeff Teague. I'd do it.

No

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
    For Noel and Jeff Teague. I'd do it.
    A 28 year old expiring contract ok player is useless to them.
    It IS About Me Asshole
    -----------------------
    Fuck off, moron. - Kelly Green

Comment

Originally posted by tjl88 View Post
      A 28 year old expiring contract ok player is useless to them.
      Well, I assume that they'd re-up with him. Otherwise, I agree with you.

Comment

No fin way! Teague=Ish Smith

Comment

Jeff Teague...might as well just get jrue holiday back.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I think Jah is going to be the one to go.

Brown must hate that he runs the floor like Fred Sanford.
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Pat View Post
              No fin way! Teague=Ish Smith
              I think we are over-valuing Noel a bit. Teague is very good and basically split time with Schroeder this last season.

Comment

Fucking awful. BC better not ruin this. I do not even like Noel that much but this is a shit deal. Teague has a 1-year deal and is 28 and is just mehhhhh.

Comment

Rumors swirling that the Sixers would also be giving up Stauskas and Covington.

I don't like younger, more contract controllable Noel for older, soon to be UFA Jeff Teague to begin with but then adding a good rotational shooter like Covington?

Is this is the kind of move that people have been praying for to get them back interested in the Sixers? If this is what a "real basketball guy" does as a GM, I'll stick with that nerd Hinkie.

Comment

I tend to agree. Teague is a better player than Noel, all in all, but not by a large margin and he's much older. To me, Teague is the type of role player that should be added in FA where you can get a (hopefully) fair, longer term deal, rather than trade on his last year and have to overpay to extend in order to make it worth it. If they are going to get rid of good, young players like Noel I'd prefer good draft picks. Teague doesn't really do it for me.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                      I tend to agree. Teague is a better player than Noel, all in all, but not by a large margin and he's much older. To me, Teague is the type of role player that should be added in FA where you can get a (hopefully) fair, longer term deal, rather than trade on his last year and have to overpay to extend in order to make it worth it. If they are going to get rid of good, young players like Noel I'd prefer good draft picks. Teague doesn't really do it for me.
                      he is a five year starter, not a role player. This team needs guards in a bad way so in that regard it makes sense. that being said the Sixers arent really setting themselves up for future success by dealing a promising young player for a better, older, player who is peaking right now, especially when you consider the contract situations for both players.
                      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                        he is a five year starter, not a role player. This team needs guards in a bad way so in that regard it makes sense. that being said the Sixers arent really setting themselves up for future success by dealing a promising young player for a better, older, player who is peaking right now, especially when you consider the contract situations for both players.
                        I honestly feel like it would be a sign-and-trade sort of deal. I don't think they are dumb enough to trade Noel for a one-year rental

Comment

I didn't say he's a bench player, I said he's a role player. He's not a true star. On the Sixers right now he'd be one of the best players. And I would be the tallest munchkin in Oz. On a championship caliber team team, he's a solid role player.

And I'm also not saying you can get a star player for Noel, but giving up a promising young player for Teague just doesn't make me excited. Just my opinion. I don't think it is a good deal.
                          Last edited by McCarthy12; 06-03-2016, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I think this article nails it when laying out all the factors

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/0...ns-noel-rumor/

Comment

Still, even with playing out of position, Noel has accumulated 251 steals and 242 blocks so far in his two-year career. Here’s an extensive list of players who accumulated at least 250 steals and 240 blocks in the first two seasons of their NBA careers, dating back to the 1973-74 season, when steals and blocks were first recorded:

David Robinson
                              Nerlens Noel

That is all.
                              Pretty cool stat. As that article points out, he brings a lot to the table that doesn't always show up in the box score. Teague is a good player, but the Hawks are kind of exactly what I don't want the Sixers to be...

Comment

Working...
                              X