Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any actual reason to trade Okafor now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any actual reason to trade Okafor now?

feels premature to even consider it
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
    I agree, but I think his off the court behavior (although minimal) scares the FO.

Comment

Zero reason. He's the best player on the team and Embiid is a huge question mark. If Colangelo moves him this year, this team is screwed.

Comment

If punching a Celtics fan in the face is wrong, I don't want him to be right.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

yeah, these rumors are scaring me. Very Billy King-esque

Trading with the Celtics, Jeff Fucking Teague. BOOOOO!

Only thing you truly consider trading Okafor for is the #2 so you can get Ingram and Simmons
          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Only thing you truly consider trading Okafor for is the #2 so you can get Ingram and Simmons
            Agree, only for the #2 pick in the draft. Otherwise, hold onto him to see how the roster takes shape.

Comment

What about the rumored trade w Bulls? Noel for Rose, Gibson and Dunleavy. There's no way in hell I see Bulls doing that trade unless they really need to shed salary

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                Zero reason. He's the best player on the team and Embiid is a huge question mark. If Colangelo moves him this year, this team is screwed.
                Yeah and Okafor might be better anyhow. Colangelo better not screw this up.
                It IS About Me Asshole
                -----------------------
                Fuck off, moron. - Kelly Green

Comment

I don't think anyone on this team should be untouchable, but I'd rather they move Okafor than Noel, Jah is just too slow on defense and no way could they switch pick and rolls on the perimeter with him.

I don't think you move him just to move him, but he is slow laterally and the game is moving outside more and more. I agree that Embiid is not someone to count on, but if they could get a top 5 pick for him or an established off ball guard I'd understand.

Comment

I'm hoping it's just click bait and these are all just rumors. I can't rip Colangelo for rumored deals but, if they are true, this is going to get ugly.

Maybe things have changed but I have to think if the Lakers didn't like him over Russell last year, they won't like him over Ingram this year. That being said, Okafor may have showed them enough last season to change their minds.

Comment

I hope the Sixers don't make this move either. Rose can't stay healthy and he's not getting any younger.

Comment

Damn ... that's some serious Jay Bilas x's an o's shit right there!!!
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

only if he is a turd of a person and...

...I have not seen evidence of this despite his few bumps with the law this year, not uncommon for a kid that age who suddenly has that kind of money.

I think Okafor has the best post moves I have seen in a long, long time. Uncommon talent. You have to do everything you can to keep him longterm, IMO
                          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                          May 7, 2010

Comment

My gut feeling is that trading him has all the signs of something that would come back to bite the Sixers in the ass.
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I'm ok with them trading him for the number two and that's it. I threw this out there on lottery night. Simmons and ingram or i don't move him

Comment

Working...
                              X