Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soda tax passes

Philly area dentists furious!!

Just wondering, are they going to tax Chocolate Milk?? It has the same sugar content as soda.....
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

so does most fruit juice. This is the kind of dumb law that makes people justifiably hate liberals.

/liberal

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
        so does most fruit juice. This is the kind of dumb law that makes people justifiably hate liberals.

/liberal
        This is the type of tax that conservatives like - a tax on consumption that disproportionately affects the poor more than the wealthy.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

What's next? A gun insurance law

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
          Philly area dentists furious!!
          ... that requires all gun owners to participate and pay for every gun retaliated lawsuit?

Comment

cheesesteak tax
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Cambodian tittie milk is up to $750/liter. Thanks Obama!
              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

My last few years of work our insurance carrier tacked on a surcharge for smokers. In 35 yrs. I never took a leave of absence. Meanwhile the 300lb. Guy sittin on a tow motor was off every 6 months. Only in America.

Comment

You're drinking cheap shit

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                  Cambodian tittie milk is up to $750/liter. Thanks Obama!
                  🍼

Comment

Score one for the Big Nanny.

Comment

Just curious, does this tax go strictly into programs for overweight kids or something, or just added to the general fleecing fund?

Comment

It goes into the fund that exists for:

- Government slush
                        - Hiding corruption behind the "it's for the kids" banner
                        - Fat shaming

I cringe when I see another political cash cow generated by taxing vices. The very system that professes to be against said vice will be richly rewarded by ensuring its continued existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                          It goes into the fund that exists for:

- Government slush
                          - Hiding corruption behind the "it's for the kids" banner
                          - Fat shaming

I cringe when I see another political cash cow generated by taxing vices. The very system that professes to be against said vice will be richly rewarded by ensuring its continued existence.

I agreed SB, just wondered how they labeled/justified it.

Comment

It was supposed to 100% support early childhood education initiatives (such as sending a bunch of kids to pre-K). They still profess that it will help the kids, but they also admit that a significant chunk of the revenue will be diverted to other things, like fixing city parks.

Comment

Clearly. Which is why it passed in the Conservative stronghold that is the City of Philadelphia.
                              Last edited by stjoebirdsfan; 06-17-2016, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X