• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it looks turrible. I'll wait for HBO
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
      Yeah, I'm really hoping that the new Ghostbusters is good.....if for no other reason than additional opportunities for primo name-dropping.
      Look at it this way...it can't be worse than Ghostbusters II.
      YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Actually, it looks like recycled Ghostbusters skits with women.

No thanks.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
          Yeah it looks turrible. I'll wait for HBO
          Even on HBO, it's two hours of your life you'll never get back.

Unless someone is paying me to watch it, pass.

Comment

I'm not too hopeful of the new one but, the cast of the original was on Fallon last night and they all had glowing reviews of it...not sure how genuine their endorsement is BUT, Murray said he and Dan were jumping up and cheering like they were at a sporting event....fwiw.

I really hope it doesn't blow...I had been following the years and years of speculation hoping that Ghostbuster 3 would get made and it would be a damn shame all the hype leads to a smoking pile of dogturd.
            YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
              I'm not too hopeful of the new one but, the cast of the original was on Fallon last night and they all had glowing reviews of it...not sure how genuine their endorsement is BUT, Murray said he and Dan were jumping up and cheering like they were at a sporting event....fwiw.

I really hope it doesn't blow...I had been following the years and years of speculation hoping that Ghostbuster 3 would get made and it would be a damn shame all the hype leads to a smoking pile of dogturd.
              It wasn't great, it wasn't horrible. If you're expecting it to elicit feelings of your youth and measuring it against the original, you will be very disappointed. It stood well on its own.

Comment

Saw it last night. My review: Meh.

Comment

You can add that to the Rotten Tomatoes litany.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeHeadedMonster View Post
                    It wasn't great, it wasn't horrible. If you're expecting it to elicit feelings of your youth and measuring it against the original, you will be very disappointed. It stood well on its own.
                    I kinda expected it to be so-so at best. Let's be honest, Bill Murray carried the show in those days...Stripes,Caddyshack and Ghostbusters are classics and Bill was a BIG reason for their success.
                    Last edited by headknocker; 07-18-2016, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by headknocker View Post
                      I kinda expected it to be so-so at best. Let's be honest, Bill Murray carried the show in those days...Stripes,Caddyshack and Ghostbusters are classics and Bill was a BIG reason for their success.
                      Agreed on Stripes and Ghostbusters, however Dangerfield and Chase carried Caddyshack.
                      Last edited by 06hawkalum; 07-18-2016, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Chevy Chase had significantly less to do with carrying Caddyshack than Murray ... hell, Ted Knight had a bigger hand in it than Chevy Chase.
                        Last edited by slag; 07-18-2016, 01:22 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Murray's cameo was dreck. All I'll say is it had me saying WTF.
                          Last edited by RSE; 07-18-2016, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Couldn't have been worse than Ackroyd's performance in Caddyshack 2.

Comment

Shout out to my boy Winston, the Jackie Robinson of ghost busting!
                              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                                Couldn't have been worse than Ackroyd's performance in Caddyshack 2.
                                Long live Mrs Esterhouse. Keep your eye on the fruit.

Comment

Working...
                                X