Cox & Schwartz's 4-3 D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cox & Schwartz's 4-3 D

It sure is going to be nice having a Defensive player in the conversation as best D player in the NFL. He has been working his way to the top since he came into the league and most of that was in an ill-fitting 3-4 scheme.

He could explode into the mix at the top in this 4-3 D, with Logan holding the fort next to him, and moving around to exploit OL weaknesses.

He's got competition with Watt, Donald, Miller, Mack and a few others but he's right there as a game changer/DISRUPTER and could propel forward in this new D...

Can't F'n Wait!!!
    YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

But then there's the rest of the team.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

And another Andy Reid protege as HC

I don't expect him to be thinking one or two plays ahead of the other team's D Coordinator. I just hope he didn't learn Andy's clock management buffoonery. It will be interesting to see how halftime adjustments go. Or don't, for that matter.
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

HEY HEY HEY....back on track.

This thread is about having an All-Pro player on our Defense

...don't be soiling the convo with talk about offensive shite.
        Last edited by Cheesesteak; 07-24-2016, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
          HEY HEY HEY....back on track.

This thread is about having an All-Pro player on our Defense

...don't be soiling the convo with talk about offensive shite.
          He'll only be in the POY conversation because the shitty offense will give him plenty of time to pad his stats.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Oh, my bad ... yay Fletch.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
              I don't expect him to be thinking one or two plays ahead of the other team's D Coordinator. I just hope he didn't learn Andy's clock management buffoonery. It will be interesting to see how halftime adjustments go. Or don't, for that matter.
              I don't think clock mismanagement is a learned skill. It's not like Reid picked it up from Holmgren. I think it was just FF's special gift.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                Oh, my bad ... yay Fletch.
                The defense as a whole has the potential to be worth watching.

The offense, on paper, is a plane crash.

Comment

More on the Eagles defense / Schwartz / Cox

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...5-cf5b0f65c1eb

"...In closing, you expect the Eagles' front seven to be in full-on attack mode. Remember, Fletcher Cox and Vinny Curry were both drafted to play in this front.
                  Brandon Graham played for Schwartz at the Senior Bowl and had a huge week of practice and a productive day rushing the passer in the game that helped vault him into being a first-round pick.
                  Connor Barwin registered 11.5 sacks playing as an open side defensive end in a 4-3 scheme back in 2011 with the Houston Texans.
                  Bennie Logan has proven to be successful here in Philadelphia whenever the Eagles played 1-gap principles up front in nickel subpackages.

Schwartz is going to unleash these players and get them after the quarterback while also setting the edge in the run game, allowing him to be creative on the back end from a coverage and pressure standpoint. I, for one, am very, very excited to see it all come together."

Comment

From Myths McLane's column today:

paraphrasing:

Doug Pederson was saying that the coach can only have two channels on his headset. He'll have defense and offense set on his. The story being that Pederson will call the play and forward it to Reich who will forward it to the QB. This was one of the problems Reid had in this town when he called plays and they had to be relayed to the OC and on to the QB. It was a waste of time which, by the way, Andy learned and picked up from Holmgren.

Problem is, some other head coaches have said that Doogie could indeed have all three channels in his headset and relay the play directly to the QB. Why the added time to get the play in? What fucking sense does that make?

So in that regard, clock mismanagement -or wasting-, at the least, is very much a learned habit.
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                      paraphrasing:

Doug Pederson was saying that the coach can only have two channels on his headset. He'll have defense and offense set on his. The story being that Pederson will call the play and forward it to Reich who will forward it to the QB. This was one of the problems Reid had in this town when he called plays and they had to be relayed to the OC and on to the QB. It was a waste of time which, by the way, Andy learned and picked up from Holmgren.

Problem is, some other head coaches have said that Doogie could indeed have all three channels in his headset and relay the play directly to the QB. Why the added time to get the play in? What fucking sense does that make?

So in that regard, clock mismanagement -or wasting-, at the least, is very much a learned habit.
                      I stand corrected.

Comment

Without opening the link I'd bet my entire stash of hop slam ales that's. Dave spadaro piece.

Survey says......?

Comment

Son of a bitch. Who's this clown?

In fairness everything that comes from PE.com is a fluff piece. This guy learned from spadaro like FF learned from Holmgren!

Comment

I just can't stop saying "Schwartz Cox."

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                              I just can't stop saying "Schwartz Cox."
                              General SchwartzCox

Comment

Working...
                              X