How much time do you think drafting Wentz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much time do you think drafting Wentz

Bought Doug and Teflon Howie? How many disgraceful seasons strung together will it take?

Begging the question.

Comment

I say they get this year as a pass without regards to record, then they'd need to be around .500 the second year and/or show marked improvement in the second half, like say if they went 2-8 then went 5-1 they might get a third year. Not for long tend to apply to almost everyone, even with how patient Jeffy tends to be.

Comment

No

If they had stayed at their original spot and chosen the best OT that fell to there. Let Bradford walk. Start Daniel and stink it up for the number one overall next draft. Yes.
        Why would you sign Bradford unless you wanted to win?
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

4 YEARS

Peterson's deal is for 5 Years, though I think he's safe for 4 years solid.

Comment

I expect Pederson to be here 3-4 years no matter what. Chip's early exit wasn't really football related so much as him being a disaster in the locker room. I think Doug will be great in the locker room, but could be a disaster on the field. For whatever reason, Lurie has shown to be more patient in that regard. However, after 3 years (2 years of him starting), if Wentz looks more like Akili Smith than McNabb you almost have to clean house again and that would include Doug.
            Last edited by McCarthy12; 07-29-2016, 01:54 PM.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
              If they had stayed at their original spot and chosen the best OT that fell to there. Let Bradford walk. Start Daniel and stink it up for the number one overall next draft. Yes.
              Why would you sign Bradford unless you wanted to win?
              I don't think the qb signings and drafting was a well thought out plan. I think they planned to go in with Bradford and Daniel, go from there, then found out they could get up to draft Wentz and thought that was better long term.

Comment

Hopefully it would also include Howie Jonesman
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Howie got schooled by the Jones family.

Most reports say that Wentz would have been there even if they hadn't traded up. The Dallas bored had CW listed as the 10th player on their draft list.

Comment

What if he's Rich Kotite 2.0?

I hope to God they don't keep him around if he turns out to be a disaster on that level.

Comment

Who knows. The way I look at it, if you truly think Wentz is your McNabb-type franchise qb, you go up and get him. You don't take the risk. If Wentz lifts a Lombardi then obviously nobody will care that we could have gotten him at 10. Similarly, if he's a complete bust, it also won't matter whether we moved up to get him at 2 or got him at 10. He was a bust and Howie will be gone. Doug, Howie and Wentz will forever be joined at the hip. As Wentz goes, so will the other two.

You watch the MLS All Star game last night? How many years until Blake is playing over in Europe? He almost got that penalty shot.

Comment

I was thinking about that.

How long until Chelsea or one of the other futbol powers says, yo Ernie. We'll give you a shitload of cash for your Jamaican bobsledding goaltender.

The only real weakness I see to his game are his restarts and clears. He kicks like my daughter. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

This kid Jones too. He's got real good size and is supposedly a real nice player. It will be interesting to see what his skill/technical level is and if he can finish consistently. I hope he gets into the game this weekend.

Watch any of the European pre-season stuff? Even with the scrubs out there, those teams make MLS teams look like third division clubs. Fucking Drogba playing with a walker is scoring from everywhere.

Comment

If wentz bombs Howie Roseman is definitely gone.

Comment

Yeah, I've watched a lot of the International Champions League (I think that is what it's called) games the past few nights. Looking forward to the start of EPL. I enjoy MLS games, and I think the gap in quality has lessened a little, but there is still a noticeable difference between the top Euro leagues and MLS. I think in another 5 years MLS will be a pretty solid product.

Comment

Yea, I know.

But when 40 year old Europeans, South and Central Americans are dominating in your league, there is still a ways to go. At least with the academies, teams are starting to get young talent locked in and progressing instead of having them coached by TwoGap in Middle School. As it is, even the Union's star academy grad is a dual citizenship guy. The day will come when the best players are all going the academy route and the MLS will really become a top flight league. It just takes time, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X