Rueben Randle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rueben Randle

Saw a tweet from Tim McManus quoting Peter King that Randle is probably the 4th best receiver on the roster right now and may not make the final cut. I'll take King with a grain of salt, but I think that speaks way more about Randle than Droptimus/Huff/Agholor, etc.

I just had to look up the depth chart to see who the other 3 receivers would be. Is Givens any good? Might be the worst group of receivers in the league.
    Last edited by McCarthy12; 08-01-2016, 12:02 PM.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    Saw a tweet from Tim McManus quoting Peter King that Randle is probably the 4th best receiver on the roster right now and may not make the final cut. I'll take King with a grain of salt, but I think that speaks way more about Randle than Droptimus/Huff/Agholor, etc.

I just had to look up the depth chart to see who the other 3 receivers would be. Is Givens any good? Might be the worst group of receivers in the league.
    If they aren't the worst, they are in the bottom 5. Givens is good.
    In fact, he ran with the 1st team today and is probably the fastest man on the team.

Comment

I'm also seeing that Jordan Matthews is showing some speed.

Comment

Randle is one of the more experienced WRs on the team, for what little that is worth.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Everything I'm reading from local guys says that Randle has been one of the more impressive WRs in camp.
          9:46 — I was surprised to read Peter King’s assessment of Rueben Randle, that “he’s the fourth receiver at best here, and he may not make the 53-man roster.”

Maybe King sniffed something out during his time in Philly, but that hasn’t been my read. I think he’s been the second-best receiver at camp so far behind Jordan Matthews. Especially given the lack of proven firepower at the position, I don’t see why he can’t carve out a role on this team.
          Last edited by Melchior; 08-01-2016, 02:09 PM.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            Everything I'm reading from local guys says that Randle has been one of the more impressive WRs in camp.
            That is the impression I have been getting as well.

But I think it's more the case that Randle looks like crap compared to WRs like Odell Beckham Jr. and looks ok against WRs like Droptimus Prime (HT Ellsworth)
            --------

Comment

A few days before the Eagles signed him, one of the Sirius talking heads called Randle the worst WR in the league.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                A few days before the Eagles signed him, one of the Sirius talking heads called Randle the worst WR in the league.
                Honestly, I have not seen him play very much. But I will note he has a very low bar to climb to be better than this group of WRs.

Chump Kelly drafted a fair number of WRs high in the draft... we seem to have gotten very little in return.
                --------

Comment

Yeah, like I said, I'll take it with a grain of salt. National guys come in for a day or two and act like they know the team.

I hope they got a steal with him. That would be great. Probably not though. Just my gut.

Think about the last 10 or so years. We've pretty much had three good wide receivers. Chip Kelly let two of the three walk away. Yipee.

Comment

Yeah, like I said, I'll take it with a grain of salt. National guys come in for a day or two and act like they know the team.

I hope they got a steal with him. That would be great. Probably not though. Just my gut.

Think about the last 10 or so years. We've pretty much had three good wide receivers. Chip Kelly let two of the three walk away. Yipee.
                    Chump Kelly must be one of the most personality driven coaches in history. If a player didn't get along with Chump, Chump would make sure he was gone... no matter how talented the player was. Let's face it, Jackson and McCoy were very talented players.
                    --------

Comment

Meanwhile, DJax has been toasting Josh Norman @ Foreskins camp (supposedly one of the best CBs in the league).

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                        I'm also seeing that Jordan Matthews is showing some speed.
                        He is dropping passes faster?

Comment

Matthews seems OK, but let's see how he does in a normal offense. Perhaps his numbers were inflated from all of the snaps? Maybe he gets better in an offense he can keep up with?

Too early to write off him or Agalor. Hoping for the best.
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

This is captain obvious stuff, but if he could just catch the ball consistently, he has the potential to be a very good WR IMO. He's big and runs people over and fights for yards. I love him after the catch. Could do without the lame first down celebration, though.

Comment

That was kinda the knock on TO, too. We'll see if he can get it together.
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                              X