St Andy Reid Parish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Andy Reid Parish?

NO...but Pennsy's first Mormon Temple is about to open in Philly. Just off Vine around 11th St. Not sure what was there before. Unbelievable granite building...huge in scale....great addition to the skyline. They are currently giving tours.

Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

I went to summer camps to one in the 'burbs...

a few times when I was a smurf. It was a huge tent, much like the Valley Forge Music Fair.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Wife and I who aren't religious in any way, myself being atheist, went to one of the big cathedrals in Montreal while there a few years back. Place was as opulent as any palace that I've seen in person or media, and keep in mind this wasn't the big church in Montreal which is like Versailles. We kind of looked at each other and said how does this over the top sort of design and decoration represent this "guy" they all worship who was the son of a poor carpenter?? Modern religion is a business.
      Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

for sure but...

...that is one hell of a building is all Im saying
        May 7, 2010

Comment

100% Some of these churches regardless of faith are incredible structures. The workmanship is amazing and especially with the older buildings. No eqpt like they have today all the stone work was done by hand.
          Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

makes it all the more impressive ...

...to build something like this in this day and age...just to acquire that real estate takes more money than "God"....amazing stuff
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
              ...to build something like this in this day and age...just to acquire that real estate takes more money than "God"....amazing stuff
              I know a place in Barcelona you might want to check out...
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Haha

Yeah that one is amazing. Will have to go back and see it when it's completely done
                Last edited by Riccardo; 08-13-2016, 01:28 PM.
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                  Yeah that one is amazing. Will have to go back and see it when it's completely done
                  completely agree and I hope we live that long to see it.

Comment

Gotcha...but...

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    I know a place in Barcelona you might want to check out...
                    who'da thunk there would be something like this in Philly? There is another massive one just outside San Diego as well
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                      who'da thunk there would be something like this in Philly? There is another massive one just outside San Diego as well
                      Philadelphia is improving so much it is incredible. When I was a kid it was at it's depths.
                      --------
                      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

They offered tours at the San Diego one for anybody interested in seeing the place. People had to wear shoe-covers to walk through
                        Then, after the tours were over, they ripped out all the tour carpet, handrails, re-did the bathrooms and repainted the walls where the heathens came through, so they had a fully cleansed palace to start.

No shortage of cash, amazing structures

Comment

when I drove past that thing in San Diego

I was like, "you gotta be fugging kidding me." It's Huuuuuge
                          May 7, 2010

Comment

I think it's only open for about a month for us non-book of mormon believers, then closed off forever.

Speaking of which, finally saw book of mormon last week - not sure what the fuss was about.

Comment

Working...
                            X