No announcement yet.

Did NBC "over-humiliate" lyin' Ryan???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did NBC "over-humiliate" lyin' Ryan???

hard to make that guy look sympathetic, but the network of Brian Williams managed to do so, IMO
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
    hard to make that guy look sympathetic, but the network of Brian Williams managed to do so, IMO
    No way. He brought every second of that upon himself.

Comment

My opinion is no. Many others noted his boorish (or is it bro-ish) behavior.

Besides, Lochte probably is of the mindset that any publicity is good publicity (which may be true).
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

the guy will never get his endorsements back

and his reputation will never be fixed. It just felt to me that Lauer was over the top in letting him twist in the wind. It was painful to watch. The guy is an idiot and a jerk. Why couldn't they just expose him and move on
        May 7, 2010

Comment

and his reputation will never be fixed. It just felt to me that Lauer was over the top in letting him twist in the wind. It was painful to watch. The guy is an idiot and a jerk. Why couldn't they just expose him and move on
          I don't care for Matt Lauer.

The real dick move was to skip out of Brazil immediately to let the other guys have to deal with the Brazilian authorities. That is just weak.
          --------

Comment

agreed

horrible teammate.
            May 7, 2010

Comment

horrible teammate.
              The thing I don't get is that if he had said nothing, it's most likely that nobody outside of those involved would know about the incident.
              --------

Comment

It wasn't Ryan who broke the story to the media. For some he needed to lie to his mom about why he was out so late.

His mom then went to Facebook to cry about how her son was robbed at gun point in rio. NBC gets ahold of this and interviews him the morning after and he just went with it.
                Last edited by broadstreetparade; 08-21-2016, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Follow the money

NBC owns Esquire network
                  Esquire Network broadcasts the Lochte reality show
                  ipso facto

Comment

Hush money seems like extortion to me.

Comment

Jeah!

Comment

I still think Lochte is a disrespectful moron. And jetting the country and leaving your boys behind was terrible.

That said, if when they got caught, "police" showed up, pointed a gun at them and demanded their cash in order to let them go - maybe in Rio and Mexico that is called business as usual, but here that's called blackmail and possibly robbery. One of the other swimmers had to pay 10k to a "charity" to leave the country. His story really isn't that far from what actually happened. I guess what I'm trying to say is USA! USA! USA! USA!
                        Last edited by McCarthy12; 08-23-2016, 08:37 AM.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Hahaha USA! USA! USA! nm

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                          I still think Lochte is a disrespectful moron. And jetting the country and leaving your boys behind was terrible.

That said, if when they got caught, "police" showed up, pointed a gun at them and demanded their cash in order to let them go - maybe in Rio and Mexico that is called business as usual, but here that's called blackmail and possibly robbery. One of the other swimmers had to pay 10k to a "charity" to leave the country. His story really isn't that far from what actually happened. I guess what I'm trying to say is USA! USA! USA! USA!
                          nm

Comment

Working...
                          X