If Howlo and Gomer trade Eric Rowe and he

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Howlo and Gomer trade Eric Rowe and he

is shifted to safety by another team and becomes Earl fucking Thomas, I will seriously consider taking a crab fry shit in an Eagles hat.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Agree because that seems to be were he is best suited to play. I'm not Rowe fan, but why not play him at S before they right him off?

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
      Agree because that seems to be were he is best suited to play. I'm not Rowe fan, but why not play him at S before they right him off?
      Well, they're way deeper at safety than CB. Reynolds and Maragos are both playing really well and contributing on STs. Rowe never stood out on STs and he's regressed at CB in the new defense.
      Last edited by Melchior; 09-02-2016, 02:39 PM.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Thats not a very high bar to set there. A second rounder shoulda been given a shot to compete all summer against those guys
        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Maragos stands out on special teams...

because he knows it's the only way he sticks with a team. He blows at safety.

I would wager that if Rowe were told that he had to stand out on special teams or else he would be cut that he would play them a lot better. And he would be a much better option were one of the starters to get hurt
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            is shifted to safety by another team and becomes Earl fucking Thomas, I will seriously consider taking a crab fry shit in an Eagles hat.
            Extremely doubtful. You been reading Elliott Shorr Park's click bait?
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

you should consider that anyway

Originally posted by slag View Post
              we can always come up with a reason for it.
              Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
              May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                because he knows it's the only way he sticks with a team. He blows at safety.

I would wager that if Rowe were told that he had to stand out on special teams or else he would be cut that he would play them a lot better. And he would be a much better option were one of the starters to get hurt
                Huh? This is a new coaching staff. Rowe should be doing everything he can to prove himself. Claiming that Rowe would be an upgrade over Maragos at safety is just conjecture. He's never really been considered at safety with 2 different coaching staffs, including last year when the safety depth was much worse.
                "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

He's got excellent size and shown intermittent skills. Too soon to give up on him. Coach him up.

I agree with Slag but I don't see a trade happening.
                  Last edited by Maniac; 09-02-2016, 05:40 PM.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

They fucking cut Paul Turner and it's on.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I agree, I just disagree with the idea that he's a safety and/or that he is choosing not to be a standout STs player. He'll make the 53-man at CB.
                      Last edited by Melchior; 09-02-2016, 06:56 PM.

Comment

He played safety all through college
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I mean, Casey Matthews played LB all through college.

I'm not saying he *can't* play safety, I'm saying that two different coaching staffs have seen him as more of an NFL CB than a safety so far and I think he has a better chance of playing as a CB than as a safety, this year, at least.

Comment

I'll take that bet

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                            I agree, I just disagree with the idea that he's a safety and/or that he is choosing not to be a standout STs player. He'll make the 53-man at CB.
                            I don't think he's on the opening day roster. He's terrible at CB, and they will be happy to turn him over for a sixth or something higher on a conditional pick.

How about you don't post for 3 months if Rowe is cut or traded by opening day?

Comment

This has blown my mind. How has a guy (who I thought showed real promise as a rookie) fallen out of favor so quickly? I really think he has the size and skill set to be a solid CB but something isn't aligning.

They (not we) supposedly tried him at safety earlier this year and it didn't go well.

I'm sure if they (we) cut him outright somebody like New England, Seattle, or Carolina will grab him off waivers and he will have a great career. Because "Eagles"
                              Last edited by Ellsworth; 09-03-2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X