Fullback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fullback?

Wasn't this offense supposed to require a fullback? Did I totally miss this, or do they not have one?

Are they planning to use one the TEs there?
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

From THE GREAT LES BOWEN, speculating on the final roster:

Tight ends: Brent Celek, Zach Ertz, Trey Burton. I had Chris Pantale on here because he can sub in at fullback, but he really can't catch. The Eagles might be looking on the wire for that fullback guy; Pederson hinted at that Thursday night.
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...es_roster.html

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
      Wasn't this offense supposed to require a fullback? Did I totally miss this, or do they not have one?

Are they planning to use one the TEs there?
      I only caught 2 preseason games...did they use one?

Comment

Not a dedicated FB. But they did have Pantale lined up there a few times. And I think there was a lineman in there at least once (a la The Fridge).

Comment

in the post game interview Peady speculated about it

they are looking over the wire for possible HB, FB type players, and looking TE's in camp.
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
            Not a dedicated FB. But they did have Pantale lined up there a few times. And I think there was a lineman in there at least once (a la The Fridge).
            He's been awful. I don't know how they keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
              He's been awful. I don't know how they keep him.
              Burton has essentially been their FB/TE3. They also used Dillon Gordon (#69) who is almost as big as Peters as a FB on certain heavy personnel packages.

I think 12 personnel (1 back, 2 TEs) will be their base. But they will probably use 13 and 22 personnel more than most teams because they're so much deeper at TE than they are at WR.
              Last edited by Melchior; 09-02-2016, 02:44 PM.
              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Working...
              X