Not sure how I feel about wentz starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how I feel about wentz starting

I guess they know more than me, but it's hard to imagine that he's ready... I just hope the o line holds up and he doesn't get killed...

I would be more concerned if he had a different make up. I feel like he's gonna be fine mentally if he struggles or gets beat up.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
      I would be more concerned if he had a different make up. I feel like he's gonna be fine mentally if he struggles or gets beat up.
      Wait a few games. Let the ribs fully heal and give the kid some more reps. Let him have a series or two. He barely had a preseason. There is no reason to rush.

Daniel is getting 7M. Make him earn some of it.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        He won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
          I guess they know more than me, but it's hard to imagine that he's ready... I just hope the o line holds up and he doesn't get killed...
          Over Daniels, happy happy joy joy

Comment

I'm just glad this season has a purpose now. Instead of going a pointless 8-8 with Bradford, Wentz gets valuable experience that he can build on going into next year.

Comment

I feel this way as well

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
              Wait a few games. Let the ribs fully heal and give the kid some more reps. Let him have a series or two. He barely had a preseason. There is no reason to rush.

Ease him in. I liked what I saw from him in the one game he played but it's hard for me to imagine he's ready to go. I think physically he'll be healthy. It's the whole quarterbacking against a starting caliber defense thing..

Comment

Originally posted by Trotterforprez View Post
                I'm just glad this season has a purpose now. Instead of going a pointless 8-8 with Bradford, Wentz gets valuable experience that he can build on going into next year.
                I agree. I looked at this season as a throw away season. Now I am excited because I can see this kid play. I didn't hate Bradford but he became expendable once they drafted Wentz.

Comment

I could understand if he played 2-3 halves of a preseason game. This might set a record for a rookie playing the least amount of preseason snaps before starting a regular season game.

Comment

Coming from North Dakota State on top of missing the preseason...CRAZY jump

Comment

Coming from North Dakota State on top of missing the preseason...CRAZY jump
                      Either way...gonna be very interesting. Hope the RBs have some fresh legs.

Comment

They generally don't... Aside from barner... Maybe? This season has a lot written on the wall and I'd feel better about it if they had a younger o line

Comment

Working...
                        X