Pretty sure starting Wentz was a front office call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty sure starting Wentz was a front office call

All things considered including a timeline that had Pederson out of the building due to father's death when the "Wentz starts" rumors began flying.

Eckel thinks so.

So one of two things happened.

Because there is nothing Wentz could have done, without taking a snap for a month, that propelled him past Daniel and all of a sudden made him ready to be a starting quarterback in the NFL.

One is this decision was not the head coach's and it sure didn't seem like it as he addressed the media after Monday's light practice. This came from either personnel boss Howie Roseman, who is running the entire show, or even higher up in owner Jeffrey Lurie.

And that decision could have come from the fact they watched Daniel play in the preseason and wondered themselves why they're paying this guy $7 million a year.
    http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...son_wentz.html
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Eckel the king of conspiracies, he still has photos of the grassy knoll in his office.
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I dont think so

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      All things considered including a timeline that had Pederson out of the building due to father's death when the "Wentz starts" rumors began flying.

Eckel thinks so.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...son_wentz.html
      I dont think he was hurt that badly and was physically ready. This was a decision brought on by a torn up knee.
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

He's turned into Freddy Edelstein
        Last edited by Loki; 09-05-2016, 03:16 PM.
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Eckel is still waiting at the airport for LeCharles Bentley.
          Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Agreed... and although it was a small sample size, Wentz showed he belonged in the preseason game.... and he showed that he deserved better talent around him.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
              Agreed... and although it was a small sample size, Wentz showed he belonged in the preseason game.
              He got his ribs fractured. Not good. We're not looking for Superman.

I think they're putting unnecessary pressure on him.

Comment

Stop wetting your panties the kid can handle it.
                "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

its been a few weeks and ...

we dont know how severe or slight the "fracture" was. If he cant hurt himself further by playing, why not? OK...the O-line...that I will buy
                  Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                    the kid can handle it.
                    Like he handled the preseason game.

Comment

He's still touchy about that.

He's the worst guy covering the Eagles out there. zero original ideas or insight. Can't believe he still covers the NFL for NJ.com.

Not once have I read one of his articles and walked away thinking "gee, I never thought of that before!"
                      Last edited by Ellsworth; 09-05-2016, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X