2 Jurgensen [57]

2 McNabb [99]

1 Concannon [64]

1 Randall [85]

1 K. Detmer [98]

1 Foles [12]
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Just curious, but how many of them were (potentially) given 16 games? I really don't know the answer.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Shit, birds are going into the bye week 2-1
      YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

I'm not expecting much.

Just want to see Senor Wentzes progress. Need to see him show glimpses of being the guy that can finally bring a Lombardi to Philly in the future. That and hoping upon hope that he can stay healthy.
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

None. This is the first rookie in Eagles history to be given the start in game #1.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            Just curious, but how many of them were (potentially) given 16 games? I really don't know the answer.
            The NFC East is weak and the Eagles' non-divisional slate is even weaker. Contrary to popular belief, the Eagles are not a terrible team. I think they will win between 7 and 10 games. They should start 3-1.

Comment

those players all helmed very bad football teams. While I wouldnt consider this Eagles team a Super Bowl contender it definitely boasts an above average defense and an adequate offensive line. I think five to six wins is a reasonable expectation here. Not a particularly high win total but not dismal either. When I look at teams like the 49ers, Browns and Bears its hard to believe the Eagles will finish the season amongst the very worst that the NFL has to offer.

Even a team like Jacksonville, with an exciting emerging offense, has to be considered below the Eagles in 2016 expectations simply because of the wide discrepancy in talent on the defensive side of the ball.
              "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Comment

Exactly...

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                  Just want to see Senor Wentzes progress. Need to see him show glimpses of being the guy that can finally bring a Lombardi to Philly in the future. That and hoping upon hope that he can stay healthy.
                  .....I fully expect growing pains but want to see progress as the season matures...finishing strong.

If we get 4-6 wins that would be great!

Any chance of you making a game this year?
                  "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                    You don't think schedule strength factors into a team's W-L record?

Here is how I see it playing out:

W, W, L, W, L, L, L, L, W, L, L, L, W, W, L W

There are your seven victories. However, beat NY at home on 12/22 and win one of the three road games at Washington, Dallas, and NY and the Eagles could end up winning the division.
                    Last edited by 06hawkalum; 09-06-2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

The question (which you quoted):

Just curious, but how many of them were (potentially) given 16 games?
                      Your answer was about the Eagles potential record. Hence the non sequitur.

I guess it was a case of IG-itis.

Comment

before the trade i thought we were a 6-10 team. i'm more excited to watch this season now that wentz will be the starter but i think we're a 4-12 team now.

i guess the FO and coaching staff thinks wentz can endure a season like blake bortles did as a rookie. i'm with IE, it won't be pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                          The question (which you quoted):

Your answer was about the Eagles potential record. Hence the non sequitur.

I guess it was a case of IG-itis.
                          Yes, I see what you mean now. I misused the quote feature when I merely meant to add a general reply.

Comment

I'm more in the 6-7 win range

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                            those players all helmed very bad football teams. While I wouldnt consider this Eagles team a Super Bowl contender it definitely boasts an above average defense and an adequate offensive line. I think five to six wins is a reasonable expectation here. Not a particularly high win total but not dismal either. When I look at teams like the 49ers, Browns and Bears its hard to believe the Eagles will finish the season amongst the very worst that the NFL has to offer.

Even a team like Jacksonville, with an exciting emerging offense, has to be considered below the Eagles in 2016 expectations simply because of the wide discrepancy in talent on the defensive side of the ball.
                            But I generally agree. Real problem with this team right now is offensive skill positions. Mostly, we need good breaks there, which is always a recipe for an inconsistent showing.

Hopefully Wentz and the line get acclimated this year. If we end up with a 20s pick, I'm guessing we look for a guard.

Comment

I hope to. First one is out.
                              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                              X