Cam is an awful passer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam is an awful passer

Hasn't made a single throw from under center. His footwork is non-existent.

It's getting predictable.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

More like he ran the Wildcat on occasions

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
      More like he ran the Wildcat on occasions
      Not a huge Cam fan, but some of those hits were totally dirty. Offsetting penalties for an intentional grounding at the end of the game was trash. That rule needs to change.

Comment

Awful passers don't have seasons like Cam did last year.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          Awful passers don't have seasons like Cam did last year.
          59.8% completion percentage last year. He's never been accurate, probably never will be in the top 10. The fact that he's far and away the best running qb, and a physical freak that doesn't go down highly adds to his effectiveness. He's not awful, but he's not the best passer.

Comment

eh

http://deadspin.com/the-broncos-put-...ady-1754920990

http://deadspin.com/cam-newtons-nigh...tch-1786426230

Media coverage is getting silly at this point. It's either smash-mouth football or it's not. I'm fine with picking one and saying they need certain rules in the name of safety, but there are few honest folks about the whole thing.

Comment

You're right, I'm just responding to the initial hyperbole. Dude isn't the most accurate passer but he makes some great throws. Outperformed Wilson and Palmer in the playoffs last year and no one would call those guys awful passers. But when Cam has a game like last night that's one of the knocks you'll hear on him.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                You're right, I'm just responding to the initial hyperbole. Dude isn't the most accurate passer but he makes some great throws. Outperformed Wilson and Palmer in the playoffs last year and no one would call those guys awful passers. But when Cam has a game like last night that's one of the knocks you'll hear on him.
                You back in Charlotte? I ended up back here after my trip around the world, was thinking of heading to Steamers and trying it out. You still go there on sundays?

Comment

Not in Charlotte, just finished masters in Madrid and I'm looking for work. Last time I went to Steamer's there was a great crowd. I went there almost every week 06-13.

Comment

Was Ells still running a shell game when you were there?

When my son visited there, he said some red headed skeeze in a Bobby Hoying tshirt jersey had a card table, three walnut shells and a pea.
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Due to location there are some suspect people at Steamer's. There's also a Joe Banner-looking dude who orders his beer with ice and used to make people rub his McNabb bobblehead for luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                        Hasn't made a single throw from under center. His footwork is non-existent.

It's getting predictable.

YUP, you take away the run lanes and he is Bobby Hoying

Comment

Working...
                        X