9/11 and security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11 and security

they had a Secret Service guy at each of the new airport-style security portals, for lack of a better term. With Joe Biden in the house and what day it is, he was checking out each person.

I would say it took about the same amount of time as the old wanding method, but we were there a good half hour before kickoff. Not sure what it would be like if we had been there more last minute.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
    they had a Secret Service guy at each of the new airport-style security portals, for lack of a better term. With Joe Biden in the house and what day it is, he was checking out each person.

I would say it took about the same amount of time as the old wanding method, but we were there a good half hour before kickoff. Not sure what it would be like if we had been there more last minute.
    In my opinion, the security screening is a lot faster than the old method. It takes longer to do the wand thing than it does for a person to walk through a magnetometer. Multiply that by 1000 people and the backlog adds up. It also helps that people know more what to expect now and are more prepared when they hit the screening checkpoint.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

maybe they were still getting used to it

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      In my opinion, the security screening is a lot faster than the old method. It takes longer to do the wand thing than it does for a person to walk through a magnetometer. Multiply that by 1000 people and the backlog adds up. It also helps that people know more what to expect now and are more prepared when they hit the screening checkpoint.
      it does take a lot less time but for some reason it was still backed up. Sometimes its on the fans, too, who dont take their shit out of their pockets.
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

It did seem a lot faster. We usually bring in a "walk in" beer to finish in the security line. When we got there, there was basically no line at all, so we had to chug the beers back by the concrete planters. Oh, and I got through so fast that I forgot to have my ticket ready to scan. Overall a better system, fan wise.

Comment

Yeah I thought it pretty quick, we will see on a late start game.
          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

you would have never known the Veep was there

we were through in about 9 mins,,,pretty damm fast
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

I went in a little earlier than usual and thought that it might have accounted for it seeming faster, but the place was packed for the anthem. Probably is faster than the wand if most people have their stuff out of their pockets in advance.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                we were through in about 9 mins,,,pretty damm fast
                With the VP there you just know there had to be snipers there yesterday. I have never seen them but friends who sit in the upper deck have in the past.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Honestly, I never thought to look yesterday. But, I've seen them in the past on the roof (we sit up top).
                  WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                  X