Lane Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lane Johnson

What's up w/ that B sample? It's taking forever...is this normal?

I believe people are saying that the issue is he ran his mouth about it early whereas most players and teams don't announce anything until after the B comes back.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
      I believe people are saying that the issue is he ran his mouth about it early whereas most players and teams don't announce anything until after the B comes back.
      That is what people are saying but it sure seems odd to me that it would take this long.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

It definitely seems odd to me, too. Maybe Howie can find a way out of it haha.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          It definitely seems odd to me, too. Maybe Howie can find a way out of it haha.
          Any chemical analysis certainly can't take this long.

I was speculatively thinking maybe his test was close to some threshold they have to delineate a positive test and they are taking their time deciding what to do.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

it's possible

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            Any chemical analysis certainly can't take this long.

I was speculatively thinking maybe his test was close to some threshold they have to delineate a positive test and they are taking their time deciding what to do.
            my understanding is that in order to hit a positive result, the threshold is abnormally high so that even tests suggestive of an additive, still aren't considered a positive. So if the case were that he was just across the line (or below it, which might fit your theory), I don't think they'd hesitate to pull the trigger.

Also, Lane's story doesn't match up w/ that - he admitted to the substance. My guess, other than conspiracy theory stuff, is that the NFL might not have done their due diligence on a substance and that he's in some weird gray area.
            Last edited by JuTMSY4; 09-19-2016, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Possible confidentiality violation...

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
              That is what people are saying but it sure seems odd to me that it would take this long.
              ....this news was leaked ( not by Lane) , I'm thinking there is some legal issues involved.

Perhaps they are working out an agreement?
              "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Yes good point.

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                ....this news was leaked ( not by Lane) , I'm thinking there is some legal issues involved.

nm

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                  my understanding is that in order to hit a positive result, the threshold is abnormally high so that even tests suggestive of an additive, still aren't considered a positive. So if the case were that he was just across the line (or below it, which might fit your theory), I don't think they'd hesitate to pull the trigger.

Also, Lane's story doesn't match up w/ that - he admitted to the substance. My guess, other than conspiracy theory stuff, is that the NFL might not have done their due diligence on a substance and that he's in some weird gray area.
                  Admitted to taking the supplement, but un-knowingly the additive in the supplement. I think the same thing has happened with a few fighters in the UFC. Take supplement, get banned because the supplement companies can throw whatever they want in the supplement because it's not regulated by the FDA.

Player/fighter thinks it's okay and come to find that there are a bunch of other things included.

I believe many fighters in the UFC are not taking supplements anymore because of that fact.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post

This is what I've been thinking. That either the league is investigating a leak on their end or Lane's agent/lawyer are arguing to have it thrown out due to a leak, claiming that the entire testing process has been botched.
                    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                      This is what I've been thinking. That either the league is investigating a leak on their end or Lane's agent/lawyer are arguing to have it thrown out due to a leak, claiming that the entire testing process has been botched.
                      How amazing would this be?

Comment

Working...
                      X