I have to admit Im happy the Lambs are back in LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to admit Im happy the Lambs are back in LA

I am skeptical the popularity will last, but as a sports history buff I just loved seeing a packed, sun-splashed Coliseum and the squad wearing the old skool uniforms.

There is a reason the Rams left before, why the Raiders left, and why nobody cared for an entire generation, despite being the second largest market in the country: LA is a shitty sports town. Great city, lousy sports town.

That said, St. Louis Rams never sounded right to me and I hope the "new" LA Rams are successful.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Great seeing those Youngblood and Dickerson era uniforms again.

Local ratings for their first game were underwhelming though. Novelty will wear off in a year and attendance will drop. Place is too big. New stadium should help but it'll come at a premium for fans. Think Local blackouts will be common. Product on field is a circus. Coach sucks and was extended. Goff over Wentz.

LA is just a shitty NFL sports town.

Comment

Geigh.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

St. Louis is an even worse sports town

lured the Crudnals and lost them; lured the Lambs and lost them. Lost the Hawks. Spirits folded when the ABA merged with NBA.
        May 7, 2010

Comment

I will make no arguments that baseball isn't priority. But the Rams were every bit as popular before that team was gutted. But after GF died, I think that's when the wheels started turning toward LA. The stadium experience was beyond pathetic. And they basically admitted to tanking since Kroenke became full owner.

How's this for pathetic - their tv ratings in week 1 were higher in STL than LA.
          Last edited by BigSlizz; 09-23-2016, 07:46 AM.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

yeah, that's pretty bad

if TV ratings are bad for their first home game back in town, that probably doesn't bode well for the future.
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Ram Rules!

--------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                I will make no arguments that baseball isn't priority. But the Rams were every bit as popular before that team was gutted. But after GF died, I think that's when the wheels started turning toward LA. The stadium experience was beyond pathetic. And they basically admitted to tanking since Kroenke became full owner.

How's this for pathetic - their tv ratings in week 1 were higher in STL than LA.
                Who is the NFC "home team" for STL now? Is it still the rams? Or are you just supposed to get the most popular game?
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

Not sure there is one yet. Seems to be too soon.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I know its a numbers game but I never understood why they didn't

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                    Geigh.
                    award LA its own team,,,they could be the Botox beaters,,,the Plastic Queens,,,so many great choices,,,,
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

I agree about the traditional feel..

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                      I am skeptical the popularity will last, but as a sports history buff I just loved seeing a packed, sun-splashed Coliseum and the squad wearing the old skool uniforms.

There is a reason the Rams left before, why the Raiders left, and why nobody cared for an entire generation, despite being the second largest market in the country: LA is a shitty sports town. Great city, lousy sports town.

That said, St. Louis Rams never sounded right to me and I hope the "new" LA Rams are successful.
                      But in turn, the St. Louis Cardinals football team should still be in St, Louis.

Comment

I would think the Kc Reids even though they are across the state, bears suck, titans are an option at least you have a state border with them.
                        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                          if TV ratings are bad for their first home game back in town, that probably doesn't bode well for the future.
                          Ratings are down across the League. Mainly because the games are so saturated with interruptions... errr commercials, they are painful to watch. Couple that with the fact that many many fans are only interested in fantasy/scoring and the decline of full-game viewership will continue.

They simply gave too much power to TV and TV effed it up. According to a recent article in Sports Business Journal, TV earns $40 million in ad fees every game.
                          Good for the networks, but bad for viewers. The new LA Palace will be both the apex and the denouement of an over-saturated NFL as an entertainment juggernaut. Young folks won't bother and old timers are losing interest in the traditional broadcast model

Fans will grab some highlights on their phones, stream a few TDs, watch fantasy shows, DVR games and find other ways to consume the NFL than have Corporate America fry your brains for 3 hours...just to see 11 minutes of actual football action.

LA's limp ratings are kind of the canary in the coal mine as far as the traditional network broadcasts.
                          And as noted by others, the novelty will wear off soon enough.

The NFL used to have stewards of the game like the Mara, Rooney, Hunt families. Now they have money grubbers like Jones, Kraft, Snyder and Kroenke calling the shots and they are all beholding to TV's checkbook instead of the Good of the Game

Comment

they were the Chicago Cardinals

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                            But in turn, the St. Louis Cardinals football team should still be in St, Louis.
                            St. Louis Cardinals play beisbol
                            May 7, 2010

Comment

excellent analysis

depressing but spot on.
                              May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X