Meanwhile in San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile in San Francisco

Niners are running plays at the fastest clip in the NFL (congrats!) but only converting 3rd downs 34.78% of the time (24th in the NFL). As a result, they are 29th in the league in offensive time of possession and 26th in defensive time of possession.

DON'T. MISS. THAT. AT. ALL.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

I'm fairly confident this will be his last year in the NFL.

Comment

I'm sure all of the returning defensive players are getting a nice chuckle out of that.

I can't remember the exact wording but I recall someone writing about how Chip Kelly's revolutionary offense had redefined the standard for how fast a team could achieve 3 and Out.

Comment

That blitzkrieg offense works like a charm if you have top notch soldiers who can actually execute the plays. But once you get rid of the elites and have to rely on the conscripts, you're doomed.

Comment

Chip is a college coach. Hell, that offense has failed to produce an FBS championship. It has been figured out at the college level.

Comment

And the gassed 49ers defense will only give up more points game after game. They're already at the top of the NFL in giving up points the last 2 weeks. First week shutout vs the Rams can be attributed to a fresh 49ers defense before Chip effect kick in!

Comment

He needs to be at a college where his recruiters can keep feeding him elite talent. As SB said, that's really the only way that system works. The other thing, though, is that he probably needs to be at a place where the media and booster pressure isn't too much. Oregon was kind of the perfect gig for him.

Comment

Agreed. USC

Comment

The way he made the team practice

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                  That blitzkrieg offense works like a charm if you have top notch soldiers who can actually execute the plays. But once you get rid of the elites and have to rely on the conscripts, you're doomed.
                  Didn't help either.

Comment

That would make sense. West coast, not in the SEC. It's a big time program, but I'm not sure he'd get the same kind of scrutiny he would at LSU. We've already established that LA is a terrible sports town...

Comment

Exactly. TON of local talent as well.

He's not SEC/Bayou enough for LSU. they wouldn't ever hire him after getting rid of Les Miles. Not an SEC guy and his personality would not mesh well with the Geaux Tigers faithful aka MOB
                      Last edited by Ellsworth; 09-27-2016, 03:19 PM.

Comment

on that note

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                        Exactly. TON of local talent as well.

He's not SEC/Bayou enough for LSU. they wouldn't ever hire him after getting rid of Les Miles. Not an SEC guy and his personality would not mesh well with the Geaux Tigers faithful aka MOB
                        I'm excited for PSU to hire the mad hatter - seems like a match made in heaven.

Comment

Working...
                        X