Whats the chance Vikes/Eagles-flex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the chance Vikes/Eagles-flex

I am not sure on how the rules work for this. CBS has the double header that week, so not sure fox can move it to 4pm. Pats and Steelers play at 4pm cbs, so I doubt they would move it to 4pm. But 8pm, mmmm.
    A few good match ups that week, but if the birds and vikes both play good before 10/23, Bradford returns, I could see networks thinking about. Thoughts???

Sunday, October 23

NFLN Special 9:30 AM Giants/Rams
    FOX Single 1:00 PM Vikings/Eagles
    Washington/Lions
    Saints/Chiefs
    4:05 PM Buccaneers/49ers
    Chargers/Falcons
    CBS Double (early) 1:00 PM Bills/Dolphins
    Ravens/Jets
    Browns/Bengals
    Raiders/Jaguars
    Colts/Titans
    Double (late) 4:25 PM Patriots/Steelers
    NBC SNF 8:30 PM Seahawks/Cardinals

According to this from the NFL website, it can't happen.

"Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game will be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights."

Link: http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I'm wrong

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      According to this from the NFL website, it can't happen.

"Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game will be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights."

Link: http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules
      Wait a sec. I am wrong. They could definitively move that game if they want. I mis-read the "Sunday afternoon" game as meaning a late Sunday afternoon game.

So who knows. I guess the only obstacle is the networks are supposedly allowed to "protect" some games.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Couple of things

Originally posted by EagleFanInMD View Post
        I am not sure on how the rules work for this. CBS has the double header that week, so not sure fox can move it to 4pm. Pats and Steelers play at 4pm cbs, so I doubt they would move it to 4pm. But 8pm, mmmm.
        A few good match ups that week, but if the birds and vikes both play good before 10/23, Bradford returns, I could see networks thinking about. Thoughts???

Sunday, October 23

NFLN Special 9:30 AM Giants/Rams
        FOX Single 1:00 PM Vikings/Eagles
        Washington/Lions
        Saints/Chiefs
        4:05 PM Buccaneers/49ers
        Chargers/Falcons
        CBS Double (early) 1:00 PM Bills/Dolphins
        Ravens/Jets
        Browns/Bengals
        Raiders/Jaguars
        Colts/Titans
        Double (late) 4:25 PM Patriots/Steelers
        NBC SNF 8:30 PM Seahawks/Cardinals
        I think that would be the earliest week ever for a flexed game. PLUS-the Seahawks and Cardinals are still a big draw. Finally-can't FOX protect a popular game?

Comment

all of this

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          I think that would be the earliest week ever for a flexed game. PLUS-the Seahawks and Cardinals are still a big draw. Finally-can't FOX protect a popular game?
          is my understanding. NBC may not necessarily want it, but more importantly, I think Fox can protect it - I suspect they will.

Comment

DO THEY CHANGE STARTING TIMES THIS EARLY IN THE YEAR? I THOUGHT IT WAS CLOSER TO END OF SEASON FOR THAT NONSENSE.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

the rules have completely changes regarding flexing games. from what i understand nbc can flex whatever games they like but once a team appears on primetime six times they can no longer be flexed.
              "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

One thing that remains (apparently) is that they won't make it happen longer than 12 days out from the game date. That means that we won't know anything about it until after Columbus Day.

Comment

I sure hope they don't. A night game would be bad.

Comment

Seahags-Crudnals over two potentially unbeaten teams?

With a traded QB vs. the rookie phenom who replaced him and has the league's best stats and best-selling jersey?

If NBC can flex this one, they will. Sincerely hope Fox can block it as others have stated as a possibility.
                    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

Vikes/Eagles is more appealing than some overrated ass Cardinals vs Seattle

Yes it will be flexed

Comment

Working...
                      X