The whole O-line looked terrible... not just big V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nerd View Post
    I would rather find out if he can play than not.
    This is why I don't want to be too harsh on Doug too quickly. I think he's prioritized giving rookies a shot to see who can play and who needs to be possibly upgraded in the offseason.

Wendell Smallwood? He can play.
    Jalen Mills? Has potential.
    Wentz? Looks like a stud.
    Big V? We need to draft O-line early.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      He was pretty fucking bad.
      And some players are their first start. It happens.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Big Vagina should be benched. Not that barbre is any better but at least he's a veteran. Maybe he can hold better and get away with it.

Our OL is gonna be a headache without Lame
        Last edited by Ellsworth; 10-16-2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
          This is why I don't want to be too harsh on Doug too quickly. I think he's prioritized giving rookies a shot to see who can play and who needs to be possibly upgraded in the offseason.

Wendell Smallwood? He can play.
          Jalen Mills? Has potential.
          Wentz? Looks like a stud.
          Big V? We need to draft O-line early.
          That's the thing. If you bail now... Then yes...you draft oline really. Or...in a developing season... You see how he responds. If he recovers and plays well... Then maybe you draft best overall. I think they need d-line.. Wideout and linebacker more overall
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

That's not his job, it it?
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

That's the thing. If you bail now... Then yes...you draft oline really. Or...in a developing season... You see how he responds. If he recovers and plays well... Then maybe you draft best overall.
              I don't know what you saw today, but on every single play where I watched Big V he contributed less than nothing.

If the entire offense is short-circuited by one player's 'growing pains' then it stunts the development of EVERYBODY....including the Franchise QB.

I say sit him, let him get stronger and better, and see how he responds next year, not next week.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                That's not his job, it it?
                You missing Chump?
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I don't know what you saw today, but on every single play where I watched Big V he contributed less than nothing.

If the entire offense is short-circuited by one player's 'growing pains' then it stunts the development of EVERYBODY....including the Franchise QB.

I say sit him, let him get stronger and better, and see how he responds next year, not next week.
                  Why? So they can win the super bowl this year? If that is your logic... They should bench the entire oline because they were all trash.

Comment

Nice try ... wrong bait.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Next year...

What worries me is that next year, even with Johnson back, Peters has another year of wear and tear under his belt. Kelce keeps looking like he's never going to get back to the player he was a couple of years ago. The guards aren't fantastic, they just didn't stand out as much as the RT today. How do they rebuild this line with a limited number of draft picks? Do they have the money to spend on a top shelf O-lineman in free agency? Not to mention they clearly need to get Wentz better options on the outside. Still a lot of holes to fill on this team.
                      Last edited by 4dabirds75; 10-16-2016, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Why? So they can win the super bowl this year? If that is your logic... They should bench the entire oline because they were all trash.
                        Wentz is not going to develop if he's getting pressure from the right every single time he drops back to pass.

Comment

Wentz is not going to develop if he's getting pressure from the right every single time he drops back to pass.
                          He was off when he had time too. Maybe they should bench him so he can learn for next year.

Comment

He was off when he had time too. Maybe they should bench him so he can learn for next year.
                            Okay.

Comment

IMO

That's the thing. If you bail now... Then yes...you draft oline really. Or...in a developing season... You see how he responds. If he recovers and plays well... Then maybe you draft best overall. I think they need d-line.. Wideout and linebacker more overall
                              This team needs a true #1 WR more than anything else. No one can get open. Agholor is dog shit. JMatt would be an above average 2nd option but he'll never be the go to guy Wentz needs.

The corners are pretty awful too. At least the draft is supposed to be deep at that position...

Comment

The Vaitai play was really awful. What was worse was that we all saw it, but apparently Dougie decided that it didn't need to be immediately fixed. No extra player help, no rearranging the line.

Admittedly, Vaitai ended up getting some help in the second half, but by then it was too late.

Comment

Working...
                                X