The amount of "holes" on this roster is disturbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The amount of "holes" on this roster is disturbing

Need a minimum of two new OL studs, a WR, and a CB. Wentz is surrounded by complete garbage.

Side note, Kelce is horrible. Has been for 2 years now.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys look as though they're about to fire up the early 90's again for a long time.

Lot of bad vibes right now. Hopefully they get it turned around and it's not as bad as it seems.
    "But again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look in the mirror."

Traded a lot of picks for Wentz, hard to plug holes with such a small draft class.

May very well end up being worth it, and I realize the Bradford trade alleviates the pain next year somewhat, but had to see it coming for this year and probably some time to come.

Wentz doesn't just have to have a good career; it needs to be reasonably long to allow time to get caught up building a team around him.

Comment

Originally posted by ReidsArmy View Post
      Need a minimum of two new OL studs, a WR, and a CB. Wentz is surrounded by complete garbage.

Side note, Kelce is horrible. Has been for 2 years now.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys look as though they're about to fire up the early 90's again for a long time.

Lot of bad vibes right now. Hopefully they get it turned around and it's not as bad as it seems.
      I'd consider adding RB. They need to give Smallwood an extended test. It seems to me that every carry is a different RB. They had 19 carries (by RB's yesterday) and our lead RB only got 9 of them. We need a true #1 RB who can get some momentum during the game. I don't like this RB by committee approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
        I'd consider adding RB. They need to give Smallwood an extended test. It seems to me that every carry is a different RB. They had 19 carries (by RB's yesterday) and our lead RB only got 9 of them. We need a true #1 RB who can get some momentum during the game. I don't like this RB by committee approach.
        I agree. Each had a couple nice runs but it seems that none of them can get into any sort of a rhythm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
          I couldn't agree more. This seems like the draft to do it too. With Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffery, Samaje Perine, Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, Wayne Gallman, etc.. and seniors like Corey Clement and Kareem Hunt, there should be a very good option available in the second round.

I would seriously look at WR John Ross from Washington at the end of the first round. Maybe the fastest guy in college football and he's turning their QB into a Heisman contender.
          Last edited by Hordel; 10-17-2016, 11:56 AM.
          Check out our sports blog Deep(ish) Thoughts
          www.deepishthoughts.com

Comment

Why? We knew they had a weak roster going into the season. The only thing that has changed is that we know we have a QB and they raised the bar by winning a few games early.

The bottom line with this team is the offense is garbage. They have no playmaker at WR. They have no real difference maker at RB. They have holes on the line. That's not going to change. They can win games where the defense keeps them in it and Wentz puts them over the top. If the defense plays poorly though, they won't beat anyone. That's what I see with this team.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Yep...and both losses

Originally posted by Hordel View Post
              I couldn't agree more. This seems like the draft to do it too. With Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffery, Samaje Perine, Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, Wayne Gallman, etc.. and seniors like Corey Clement and Kareem Hunt, there should be a very good option available in the second round.

I would seriously look at WR John Ross from Washington at the end of the first round. Maybe the fastest guy in college football and he's turning their QB into a Heisman contender.
              ....were not out of reach.

For a first year coach, system, and QB, things are not too bad....still have some Chip shit to shovel but there is a solid base forming.
              "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I don't think you can draft another wr early. They need players on the o line. They need to get younger and bigger. Kelce needs to go and they need a tackle.

Comment

Igitis, meant for McCarthy's post.
                  "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                    I don't think you can draft another wr early. They need players on the o line. They need to get younger and bigger. Kelce needs to go and they need a tackle.
                    I agree about the Oline. Yesterday is a perfect example, too. It wouldn't have mattered if Julio Jones and AJ Green were wearing midnight green. Wentz couldn't see a thing with half a dozen Foreskins in his face.

They can actually upgrade @ WR by singing a 3rd-tier guy. Look who burned us yesterday...Jamison Crowder and Pierre Garçon. These are no where near #1 guys.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                      Why? We knew they had a weak roster going into the season. The only thing that has changed is that we know we have a QB and they raised the bar by winning a few games early.

The bottom line with this team is the offense is garbage. They have no playmaker at WR. They have no real difference maker at RB. They have holes on the line. That's not going to change. They can win games where the defense keeps them in it and Wentz puts them over the top. If the defense plays poorly though, they won't beat anyone. That's what I see with this team.

Seriously this.

Lets take a step back. Our starting RB was a complete cast off from SD...like NO ONE wanted him.

Our WRs might be worst in the league this side of the Titans or Browns and the Titans didn't even want DGB!

Comment

Originally posted by DJCon57 View Post
                        Seriously this.

Lets take a step back. Our starting RB was a complete cast off from SD...like NO ONE wanted him.

Our WRs might be worst in the league this side of the Titans or Browns and the Titans didn't even want DGB!
                        Mathews was in such little demand that he still signed with the Eagles even after agreeing to a deal, being told "hold on" and then seeing the Eagles sign Cockroach Murray to big money to be the starter. That's a man with limited choices.

Browns WRs are better. Pryor has turned out to be a good deep threat and Corey Coleman would be catching 7 or 8 passes a week if he didn't get hurt. TN is probably the only team in the NFL with worse WRs than the Eagles.

Comment

The WRs with physical talent are lousy at football, and the one WR who seems to have a clue about playing football has the least physical talent.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                            The WRs with physical talent are lousy at football, and the one WR who seems to have a clue about playing football has the least physical talent.
                            Has any group of WRs and TEs ever made less defenders miss after the catch? It's a struggle for these guys to get open, then it's a struggle for them to hold on to the ball (if it's not a pinpoint pass, forget about it) and then, when they do do those two things, it's a struggle for them to not be brought down almost immediately.

Comment

Baldinger was on earlier today and spoke of DBG's

route running. Horrible. Terrible. Atrocious. Lazy.

The last word being key. That's why you get such a physical specimen so cheaply.
                              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                              X