Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big V-ag starting vs Vikings

Per Dougie. Gross.

Bench those Eagle tight ends in Fantagay Football.

Comment

Let's give the rook more than one game.

He wouldn't be the first player to have a disappointing debut and go on to have success as he gets up to speed.

Comment

What I don't understand is why they had him pegged as an eventual starter in the first place. It's not like he was a first round pick and he has to be on the field. He's a fifth round pick!

You have a guy in Wiesniewski who has been an NFL starter basically his whole career. Shuffle the line around and keep Wentz upright. Why the rush to get V on the field?
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

No matter what, there's going to be pressure in Wentz's face for the next 9 games.

I'd rather he have the TE to dump off to than not and you would assume starting Wiz at LG and Barbre at RT means less of the TEs staying in to block.

But, hey, if Dougie is really Reid 2.0, then we know he's got to stay stubborn about things that seem pretty obvious to us lowly fans.

Comment

So he's ready to play like a starting right tackle when next year rolls around. I get it, I don't like it because I don't want them to David Carr the fuck out of wentz but if they think he's the starting tackle of the future, than he takes his lumps and develops this year. When next year rolls around you can cut peters and move lj over, and hopefully add an adequate center and you should be pretty decent on the line.
            Last edited by Greenstealth; 10-17-2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out why they think he is that guy of the future - isn't this the guy who missed early on because he was still in school? He's a 5th round pick. It just doesn't make sense that this is the guy they have already pegged as their future starting anything. Based on what? Seems random.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                When next year rolls around you can cut peters and move lj over, and hopefully add an adequate center and you should be pretty decent on the line.
                They're in a really tough spot. How can you trust Johnson to be a part of your future? Talent wise, sure. But he got busted once, which is dumb enough. Then, he got busted AGAIN. How can you pencil in a starter at the 2nd most important position on offense if you can't trust the guy to take a clean piss.

With Papeldouche and Roach Murray out of town, Lane Johnson is easily my most hated Philly athlete.

Comment

Problem is, he played like Jermane Mayberry, Antone Davis and Lester Holmes.

There wasn't a lifetime worth of games that would get them ready to be an NFL starter at tackle.
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Maybe he's Winston Justice? If they see potential, it's probably the time to find out if he can play. Only way to find out what he is, is by putting him out there and seeing if he can get on track. Hopefully the next time he sees Kerrigan he'll be much improved.

Comment

at this point it just seems like common sense

the only thing I can think of is they want to know if the kid could be our RT of the future,,,Im sure they will move LJ to the left spot when the time comes. I would go with the lineup we had in the 2 preseason games, they did Ok.
                      Last edited by TRENT; 10-17-2016, 06:46 PM.
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                        the only thing I can think of is they want to know if the kid could be our RT of the future,,,Im sure they will move LJ to the left spot when the time comes. I would go with the lineup we had in the 2 preseason games, they did Ok.
                        I think you're right. They are going to seriously regret this if Wentz gets a bad injury.

Comment

Working...
                        X