double standard Rice and Josh Brown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double standard Rice and Josh Brown?

Doesn't the NFL have so shitcan this guy?
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Nah it's cool, he's white.

Seriously though. He's a 37 year old kicker, I'll bet he never plays again. But wtf have the Giants been doing all this time?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
      Doesn't the NFL have so shitcan this guy?
      Isn't there now supposed to be a mandatory 6-game suspension for DV related issues? Maybe there has to be an arrest...?

Comment

Rice had no prior incidents, was legitimately contrite and has worked with his wife to salvage and improve their marriage. Can't get a sniff from a team.

Brown admittedly has a history of abusing his wife. Gets a contract extension and 1 game suspension.

It does sound like Brown has a lot of abuse in his past that probably contributed to this, but, yeah, the difference in the handling of the two is a bit puzzling. Rice's incident was caught on video and became a national thing. That's ultimately the biggest difference IMO.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Vaggies look like total dirtbags in this.

Comment

They've always held themselves out as the holier than thou NFL franchise. I haven't been following this super closely but I thought I heard on Adam Schein this morning that they could have obtained the stuff that just came out if they had simply asked. If that's true, then shame on them. If there was no way of their knowing about this stuff then I guess maybe it's a different story. Given the money involved in the NFL, I have a hard time believing they didn't know about him...
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              They've always held themselves out as the holier than thou NFL franchise. I haven't been following this super closely but I thought I heard on Adam Schein this morning that they could have obtained the stuff that just came out if they had simply asked. If that's true, then shame on them. If there was no way of their knowing about this stuff then I guess maybe it's a different story. Given the money involved in the NFL, I have a hard time believing they didn't know about him...
              Never forget that the NFL headquarters is on Park Ave. in NYC. Also note that the commissioner of the league went to High School in Westchester county.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I think this is it

Rice's incident was caught on video and became a national thing. That's ultimately the biggest difference IMO.
                But IE's conspiracy theory also makes some sense.

Comment

McAdoo stated that they "support" Josh Brown - disgusting.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ack-josh-brown
                  Last edited by Ground_Meat; 10-21-2016, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                    But IE's conspiracy theory also makes some sense.
                    I completely agree the video is the main difference.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

yeah, but...

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Comment

I think Rice and his wife tried to through Goodell, the NFL

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                        And the Ravens owner under the bus. I forget the details, but it had something to do with their knowledge of the incident, what they said the original punishment would be, etc

Comment

so is the NFL saying it OK if not caught on tape?

Rice had no prior incidents, was legitimately contrite and has worked with his wife to salvage and improve their marriage. Can't get a sniff from a team.

Brown admittedly has a history of abusing his wife. Gets a contract extension and 1 game suspension.

It does sound like Brown has a lot of abuse in his past that probably contributed to this, but, yeah, the difference in the handling of the two is a bit puzzling. Rice's incident was caught on video and became a national thing. That's ultimately the biggest difference IMO.
                          Disgusting.
                          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                          May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                          X