Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Despite Lurie's attempts to elevate the franchise, aren't the Eagles 2nd tier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despite Lurie's attempts to elevate the franchise, aren't the Eagles 2nd tier?

Looking at the Forbes valuation list, I think they are.

http://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/list/

And if the Raiders move to Las Vegas their value will certainly skyrocket and leapfrog that of the Eagles.

Having said that, with the NFL ratings down, I think the Eagles do have an advantage of a loyal and engaged fan base. A problem is they have to maintain that and it may be difficult.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Im really interested in understanding how Houston makes so much revenue in a shit market.
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
      Im really interested in understanding how Houston makes so much revenue in a shit market.
      I don't know a lot about Houston... never been there. But my guess is that it is just because it is a giant market. Houston is just so spread out.

I suspect that if you did a calculation of revenue divided by square mile of market area Phila. would come out on top vs. Houston.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Yes it would.

However Houston is bouncing back, still a terrible market like Digs mentioned mainly due to Oil & Gas being their biggest industry.

However the Texans have done a great job of stealing fans from Jerry in here in SA and Austin which I LOVE!!

Comment

Comment

DON'T KNOW FOR SURE, CAUSE I DON'T PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THAT ASPECT, BUT IT FEELS LIKE THEY WE'RE WORTH MORE WHEN ANDY WAS TAKING THEM TO ALL THOSE N.F.C. CHAMPIONSHIPS.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Metropolitan Statistical Era (MSA)

1. NY
              2. LA
              3. CHI
              4. Dallas
              5. Houston
              6. Washington
              7. Philadelphia

Around 20 years ago Philly was number 4 and Houston was in the process of bumping them out.

Comment

Simple.

It's because of their kickass Rollerball team. Houston! Johnathan!

DB

Comment

Houston is like LA in that...

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                  I don't know a lot about Houston... never been there. But my guess is that it is just because it is a giant market. Houston is just so spread out.

I suspect that if you did a calculation of revenue divided by square mile of market area Phila. would come out on top vs. Houston.
                  as the city grew government "apportioned" or swallowed up suburban communities and made them part of the city. Its not that there was a clearly limited city boundary and the population grew within. As a result, population growth did not occur organically and population decline, which took place within the old boundaries, didn't show up in the official numbers.
                  Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

Name the 2nd Tier law schools!
                    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I moved to this shitty city back in 2003, and it's getting ready to past Chicago to move up at #3 in population. Market is growing and fans were still hungry after the Oilers left.

Comment

Yes, but isn't the market second tier? New York, LA, Chicago and Miami are the first tier markets, no? Not saying they have first tier teams.
                        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                        X