Confidential to Els

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidential to Els

You will appreciate this, considering some of the shit we've riffed on in the past:

There quite a few Viking fans at the Stink yesterday (I think the Wentz factor brought more out than usual), and two were sitting near us.

My brother and I were doing shit like:

"Oh yah ... that Bradford ... he's a funny lookin' fella" ... "Funny how?" ... "you know, just in a general kinda way"

"What'd ya think of that play ... would it kill you to say something? ... No ... that's it? that a fountain of information ... that's a fuckin' geyser"

"Wentz ... he's a hell of a player ... you're gonna want a guy ... he's like that Trucoat ... you're gonna need that Trucoat"

They actually got it and were laughing with us (one of them was from a town not far from Brainerd)
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

BRAINARD?!
    Yahhh we got that big statue up there. Babe the blue ox.
    BABE the blue ox.

Hon?
    Yaaa?
    Prowler needs a jump!

Excellent man. God I would have had a goddamned FIELD DAY doing that.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 10-24-2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I don't know if it was the same for you, but as an adolescent in the 70's I knew a lot of bandwagon Vikings cockroach fans.

Comment

Didn't run into any myself back in the day.

I actually thought they were coming out of the woodwork on Sunday because of the undefeated start, but then figured it was also attributed to Wentz.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

In the paper Friday

They mentioned that a lot of ND folks and even CW's friends were Viking fans
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
          X