That stadium is a nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That stadium is a nightmare

Architecturally stunning. Vomit inducingly obnoxious in every other way. I've never seen a crowd prodded and begged to cheer so much at any event in my life.

Jerruhworld is a football purist's worst nightmare.
    Last edited by The Duck; 10-31-2016, 10:32 PM.

Stadium modeled after a titty bar
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Jinxduck

Comment

I can't stand domes for football and that place is at the top of my list for excess/sterile atmosphere. IMO, football was never meant to be played indoors.

Back in the day nobody wanted to play the Vikes on the road in the playoffs due to those frigid temps. They haven't done squat since they went indoors. The only great season was the one when Randall and Moss were tearing up the league until they choked the chicken in the NFCCG against an inferior Falcons team...at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
          Stadium modeled after a titty bar
          It's like a pervy, hyperkinetic rave thrown together by Walt Disney's drug addled semi-retarded kid brother.

Fuck that place.

Comment

Originally posted by headknocker View Post
            I can't stand domes for football and that place is at the top of my list for excess/sterile atmosphere. IMO, football was never meant to be played indoors.

Back in the day nobody wanted to play the Vikes on the road in the playoffs due to those frigid temps. They haven't done squat since they went indoors. The only great season was the one when Randall and Moss were tearing up the league until they choked the chicken in the NFCCG against an inferior Falcons team...at home.
            The wall-to-wall screaming noise was what really bugged the shit out of me. Nothing organic about it. Rap music blaring, PA announcer screaming, Michael Irvin screaming, fake noise being pumped in... Do these people in this alleged "football mecca" really need a 500,000" jerruhtron with a cartoon decibel meter to tell them to make noise every time an opponent has a 3rd down?

Seriously. Fuck that place.

Comment

Dude

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              Jinxduck
              December 9, 1990. Eagles vs. Dolphins at Joe Robbie.

IT WAS THE SAME FUCKING GAME. BEAT FOR FUCKING BEAT.

And I was sitting in the exact same spot in that stadium 26 years ago as I was yesterday.

So, yeah. This one is entirely on me. I own this loss.

Comment

New money palace. Fits Dallas to a T.
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                  New money palace. Fits Dallas to a T.
                  It totally does. Everything you hate about the Dallas Cowboys is perfectly encapsulated in that wretched monstrosity.

Comment

hahaha

Jerruhtron!

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                      The wall-to-wall screaming noise was what really bugged the shit out of me. Nothing organic about it. Rap music blaring, PA announcer screaming, Michael Irvin screaming, fake noise being pumped in... Do these people in this alleged "football mecca" really need a 500,000" jerruhtron with a cartoon decibel meter to tell them to make noise every time an opponent has a 3rd down?

Seriously. Fuck that place.
                      Was there too and totally agree. Every inch of the place is for sale and it is the hardest place on earth to get to. Talking to people in Dallas the normal old fans won't go there. The fan base has totally changed to a gang like eliment after they started offering a party pass which let's you get into the stadium without a seat.

Comment

It was impossible to get to. We ended up paying $80 to park at a strip mall a mile and a half away.

Comment

They say it looks like mother earth's vag from space and the giant TV... the bean.

Comment

That is the worst!
                            I thought $40 in Denver was bad, and then it came to Phila.
                            Now $80 in Dallas?
                            Dallas is just Disgusting. I've been there once and that's plenty
                            for a lifetime.

Comment

Do they still have

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                              It totally does. Everything you hate about the Dallas Cowboys is perfectly encapsulated in that wretched monstrosity.
                              Those Pepsi diarrhea bubbles hanging from the dome?

Comment

Working...
                              X