I am in shock over the Wentz hate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in shock over the Wentz hate.

Have any of you been watching the QB play in this city over the last 8 years? We've had about 2 decent seasons at the position and nothing long-term. This kid is the real deal. Give it time. Sheesh.

Where are you seeing/hearing Wentz hate?

Comment

The interceptions were on balls that were thrown high. That's what happens when the Center gets pushed back and the QB can't step into the throw

... and didn't Wenz hit Matthews in the hands while Matthews was in the end zone. I don't see how that is Wenz's fault.

I agree that we're being a little tough on him.

We need WRs in the worst way.
      Last edited by GroundedBird; 11-06-2016, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundedBird View Post
        The interceptions were on balls that were thrown high. That's what happens when the Center gets pushed back and the QB can't step into the throw

... and didn't Wenz hit Matthews in the hands while Matthews was in the end zone. I don't see how that is Wenz's fault.

I agree that we're being a little tough on him.

We need WRs in the worst way.
        The Barbre injury is hurting. Wiz should be playing at Center. As bad as the skill positions are (thanks, Chump), Kelce is the worst player on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
          Where are you seeing/hearing Wentz hate?
          There is a whole thread debating it...

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
            There is a whole thread debating it...
            Being concerned about the QB play after a loss where Wentz played the way he did today does not equal "hate". I would say it's more like being objective. Wentz did not have a good game today.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
              Being concerned about the QB play after a loss where Wentz played the way he did today does not equal "hate". I would say it's more like being objective. Wentz did not have a good game today.
              he did not have a good first quarter. as football fans, you have to look at the big picture. there has to be growing pains unless (as someone else pointed out) you have the best Oline in football...including a great set of weapons.

Comment

He did miss some throws that cost them.

The underthrow to Treggs. On the money, and it's a TD.

Better pass to Mathews at the end and it's a TD.

Why should he escape criticism?
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                  The underthrow to Treggs. On the money, and it's a TD.

Better pass to Mathews at the end and it's a TD.

Why should he escape criticism?
                  i just think all of this is to be expected...it's the hardest job of a professional football player. Pedey should be putting him into way better situations.

As far as the pass to matthews...i think he put it where he had to for the most part. as a "#1 WR", i think he has make that play...many would have.

let's also not forget he had 364 yards passing. not bad.

Comment

No. Mathews was expecting the pass on the other shoulder
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                      No. Mathews was expecting the pass on the other shoulder
                      You mean, where the defender was?

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                        Have any of you been watching the QB play in this city over the last 8 years? We've had about 2 decent seasons at the position and nothing long-term. This kid is the real deal. Give it time. Sheesh.
                        Exactly, that thread is a good reminder of why Philadelphia has such a bad reputation. There are a lot of bobos in this town and on this board.

Comment

Wentz is going to get better

He had some bad moments in the game. The two picks and then some deep balls that were not thrown well. Though one of them might have been tipped. Then he couldn't close out the game. All that changes though with weapons to throw the ball to. He's going to get better. I do not hate him, that's for sure, and he doesn't deserve any hate. Agholor; however........

Comment

Do you think Wentz played well yesterday? I was happy with the way he came out in the second half, but he showed some concerns. Let's hope he doesn't pick up any bad habits.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                              Do you think Wentz played well yesterday? I was happy with the way he came out in the second half, but he showed some concerns. Let's hope he doesn't pick up any bad habits.

No hate on Wentz, I just think he looked sharper in the earlier games, I'm just hoping he isn't getting worse as Pedey is coaching him "up"? Or maybe it's just he had a better game plan to work with in the earlier games?
                              Last edited by Eagle Road; 11-07-2016, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X