This is what we all thought would happen when Doug became coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what we all thought would happen when Doug became coach

No respectable coach was willing to come work for Howie. We just have to hope that Gomer evolves
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
    No respectable coach was willing to come work for Howie. We just have to hope that Gomer evolves
    Guy was coaching high school as a job a couple of years ago.

It's like trying to plug in a guy from a lower division as your NFL starter and expecting it to work immediately.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Mm hmm. Exactly.

Who really thought the guy was going to be a top tier head coach, except for LaLa/LosLos/RefRef?
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

The most troubling part about Doug to me is the day after stuff. He's not THAT stupid, is he? I was worried when I first watched him try to explain the clock management aspect of their playoff loss to New England.

Comment

Gomers ability to think on his feet was always a concern to me, particularly if that ability was honed by Reid. However ... fuck you Lane!
          Last edited by slag; 11-07-2016, 07:04 AM.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Gold standard

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
              Thats the way its gotta happen. He needs to learn on the job or else. I actually really like the staff he put together so theres the potential that he works out in the long run. But this disheveled mad man routine will not last long in the NFL. I really hope he finds his playcalling bearings by the end of the season. No matter how much howie likes him theres no way any gm can justify handing a guy like that too many mulligans.
              Last edited by J_Cuz31; 11-07-2016, 09:05 AM.
              "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                Thats the way its gotta happen. He needs to learn on the job or else. I actually really like the staff he put together so theres the potential that he works out in the long run. But this disheveled mad man routine will not last long in the NFL. I really hope he finds his playcalling bearings by the end of the season. No matter how much howie likes him theres no way any gm can justify handing a guy like that too many mulligans.
                Disheveled play calling. That's a good description. Maybe he spins a little "Wheel o' Play Calls".

What about turning play calling over to Reich? He could be just as goofy but I never like the head coach calling plays.
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                X