Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest Assesment: I'm happy with how this season has gone so far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest Assesment: I'm happy with how this season has gone so far.

Last spring, I was thinking we were gonna have a season with a caretaker QB and a mediocre record.

Now we have a QB that can develop (Wentz has not shown signs of going fetal IMO) and the team has the potential to actually be good! They aren't winning the SB, but they have shown they can play good quality football.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

It's definitely something to build on. Yeah, there have been some real up and down moments, but I think there is plenty of room for optimism.

Comment

Agreed. Wentz needs some weapons, but I am pleased with him thus far. The defense has been solid. They need to updgrade some positions and it may take more than one offseason to do so, but they have been in just about every game this year despite missing some important pieces. It is encouraging.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

There is a lot to look forward to, I am most impressed with this team raising it's play against the best they have faced, I am most upset with giving up the games they had won, but they are a young group as a whole.

Comment

Yep I can't bitch. We have a QB for the next 10+ yrs.

Comment

The Eagles were falling into the abyss 10 months ago. Getting Wentz and picks for Bradford has made me one happy fucker. I am full of hope for this team and there is a measure of gratitude for Roseman's performance in all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
              The Eagles were falling into the abyss 10 months ago. Getting Wentz and picks for Bradford has made me one happy fucker. I am full of hope for this team and there is a measure of gratitude for Roseman's performance in all of this.
              That trade was amazing. I think the Eagles will draft well with the addition of Joe Douglas.

Comment

I'm hoping for .500 this year, wild card next year, progressively deeper into the playoffs in the next few years, SB in 5 years.
                Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

The husky guy is the key.

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
                  That trade was amazing. I think the Eagles will draft well with the addition of Joe Douglas.
                  I agree

Comment

You want to thank someone ... thank Teddy Bridgewater.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

So true, the way the Vikings are playing we will get a better draft pick then what our own would have been.
                      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I don't see it that way.

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        You want to thank someone ... thank Teddy Bridgewater.
                        Unlike so many other teams, the Eagles were in a good position to trade a QB (Bradford) should a need arise in the NFL.

Comment

It's actually crazy

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                          That they were able to go from 13 to 2 while only losing a future 2nd round pick at worst.

Sending those bums Maxwell and Kiko to the Dolphins was beautiful. Meanwhile their contracts plus Sham's and Roach Scurry's are off the books.

It remains to be seen if he can draft but the man knows how to navigate trades. From what he's said about being more open to input from others I have a lot more confidence in him this time around.

Comment

I agree. The future looks alot better. At least a long term QB.
                            Maybe in Wentz's term. we will win a SB. If not, then those of us older fans may miss out on a life's goal.
                            Bit Wentz et al gives longer term hope now.

Comment

Imagine How Good They'd Be If They Had a Head Coach

Pedershmuck was a rotten quarterback and judging from some of the bonehead decisions he's made, he just about as hopeless as a head coach.

Fire his ass before he gets Wentz killed trying to run a quarterback sneak on 4th and 32.
                              "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Working...
                              X