Is that a catch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that a catch?

Thought you had to maintain possession to the ground. One step. Knee down. Ball out.
    Last edited by Maniac; 11-20-2016, 07:37 PM.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Apparently not.

Comment

Not like it matters, but I'm surprised no one is talking about this

Comment

Is this the Russell Wilson TD catch? I thought the same thing and there was just silence from everyone.

Comment

BROKE THE PLAIN. TD.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
            Thought you had to maintain possession to the ground. One step. Knee down. Ball out.
            I thought it was a clean catch/possession and the ground caused the fumble.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
              I thought it was a clean catch/possession and the ground caused the fumble.
              There was no "football move" that I saw. So he has to maintain possession to the ground for it to be complete (not a fumble). Incomplete pass means he didn't have possession when he broke the plane.

It's the Dez Bryant thing.

Comment

A player is considered to be going to the ground if he does not remain
                upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner. If a
                player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or
                without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball
                until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field
                of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball and the ball
                touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete.
                If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass
                is complete.

http://deadspin.com/nfl-changes-the-...rse-1719867338

Comment

Here's the issue you are missing

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                  A player is considered to be going to the ground if he does not remain
                  upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner. If a
                  player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or
                  without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball
                  until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field
                  of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball and the ball
                  touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete.
                  If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass
                  is complete.

http://deadspin.com/nfl-changes-the-...rse-1719867338
                  Wilson stayed upright with possession of the ball and took 2-3 steps ( small strides) towards the end zone before breaking the plane. Once he crossed the line with possession, it was a TD.

Comment

Working...
                  X