God I hope Dalvin Cook winds up in philly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God I hope Dalvin Cook winds up in philly

Everything you could ask for in a running back.

I like a lot of these RBs

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
    Everything you could ask for in a running back.
    but my feeling is that if Smallwood continues to perform better each week, it would be unlikely that they spend any early round picks on positions other than WR, CB, or OL.

Comment

There's bigger needs for eagles for sure. CB, OL, WR. I've just loved the way that kid plays from day 1 and I want to pick locks in first round. WR has burned this team badly in recent drafts. That doesn't mean you shouldn't necessarily take one but they (not we) always seem to screw those picks up. Don't trust Howie to get WR right. Douglas maybe but not Howie and he's final say.

Cook does everything exceptionally well. I'd take him over Fournette for sure.

I don't think Smallwood is a 3 down back nor will he ever be. Cook you never have to take off the field except to catch his breath.
      Last edited by Ellsworth; 11-26-2016, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Agreed

There's bigger needs for eagles for sure. CB, OL, WR. I've just loved the way that kid plays from day 1 and I want to pick locks in first round. WR has burned this team badly in recent drafts. That doesn't mean you shouldn't necessarily take one but they (not we) always seem to screw those picks up. Don't trust Howie to get WR right. Douglas maybe but not Howie and he's final say.

I don't think Smallwood is a 3 down back nor will he ever be. Cook you never have to take off the field except to catch his breath.
        Especially about the failure to hit at WR, and to an extent re: Smallwood's limitations.

As much as I hate Dallass, they did the right thing by getting that line completely squared away, then get the real deal at RB. Eagles have to upgrade at C and LG (and possibly address the Tackles) before I would think about a first-round RB.

Don't want to go too off-topic but I wonder how much a lower-tier FA WR with hands would make a difference for the offense versus trying to get it all right next year...

I like Cook.

Comment

He goes top 5

i knew the cat would get out of the bag. Lots of idiots were projecting him in the middle of the 1st.

I stumbled into the Sarasota Seminole Club bar.... haha Go Gators!

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            but my feeling is that if Smallwood continues to perform better each week, it would be unlikely that they spend any early round picks on positions other than WR, CB, or OL.
            It's going to be very interesting to see how they address the WR issue. Being that they will be a little strapped for cash, they might be forced to go WR in the 1st.

That being said, with the success that EE has had this season, I bet we see 4 RBs taken in the 1st.

Comment

Dalvins been a work horse for FSU and has delivered season after season. A lot of people are expecting FSU to compete for a title next year but truth is this team is going to suffer with out him.

I remember his freshman year telling my buddies that he would win a heisman for FSU. He didn't end up bringing one but he did break warrick dunns all-time rushing record.

He's been one of my favorite players I've ever watched as an FSU fan. Dude deserves every bit of furtune the future brings him. I was hoping the he'd fall to the Eagles some how, but as you said, the cats out of the bag and he will go top ten no doubt.

Comment

Working...
              X