the NFL is not an authentic product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the NFL is not an authentic product

This leagues about who can make everyone rich. When you are generating sales and interest, it doesn't matter who you trot out. You'll get calls and you'll get help. This is why Chip tossed Desean. Because at that time he was still a "mastermind" getting 5+ primetime audiences a season to tune in. It doesn't matter who's on the team if you are in the mix. The NFL is a soap opera for men and we are all the fools who are duped year after year into thinking the players, coaches have anything to do with it beyond conversion, sales and marketing. This is the big secret we are all too afraid to see because it means sacrificing our fandom and identity, which are like brand loyalty, an invented leash by which we are held year after year, season after season. The referees can give and they can take. Making them the ideal tool to keep the fans going back to the well.
    Charismatic megafauna.

Eagles just suck.
    Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

i agree with this post.

Comment

This

Also I read this as though it was a Radiohead song

Well said

Comment

At the end of the day, thank Chip. Eagles would have Mccoy, DeSean and Maclin, instead Eagles have Matthews, Mathews, Agholor and Green Beckham

Comment

Nah, this same team of 53 guys could win 3 Super Bowls if the league saw any lucrative angle in that scenario.
            Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
              This leagues about who can make everyone rich. When you are generating sales and interest, it doesn't matter who you trot out. You'll get calls and you'll get help. This is why Chip tossed Desean. Because at that time he was still a "mastermind" getting 5+ primetime audiences a season to tune in. It doesn't matter who's on the team if you are in the mix. The NFL is a soap opera for men and we are all the fools who are duped year after year into thinking the players, coaches have anything to do with it beyond conversion, sales and marketing. This is the big secret we are all too afraid to see because it means sacrificing our fandom and identity, which are like brand loyalty, an invented leash by which we are held year after year, season after season. The referees can give and they can take. Making them the ideal tool to keep the fans going back to the well.
              I watched Cox get held all game then in a random spot he gets the call. Everything is so random. Either it's a hold or not a hold. If you don't call it, fine, then we all know the rules. But everything is so arbitrary. Nelson pushes off. No call? Ok that's fine. then don't call offensive pi
              Last edited by DJCon57; 11-29-2016, 12:25 AM.

Comment

This franchise is so sad I would gladly take a rigged SB
                Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Doesn't matter who is there. The roster is like a portfolio. You jettison some high risk products for some more moderate risks, add some steady mutual funds...you give the buyer (fans) the impression the portfolio is managed by experts. It is, but not to make them wealthy (wins). To win in this league you need consensus that your success means league wide financial prosperity.
                  Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Attica! Attica! Attica!
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Called offensive PI for blocking downfield on a screen pass but not when the receiver pushes off in order to make the catch.

Comment

the Dallas game

Originally posted by DJCon57 View Post
                        I watched Cox get held all game then in a random spot he gets the call. Everything is so random. Either it's a hold or not a hold. If you don't call it, fine, then we all know the rules. But everything is so arbitrary. Nelson pushes off. No call? Ok that's fine. then don't call offensive pi
                        Was the season. They were like oh Dak came out on top in OT? smother Philadelphia now and let's sell a shitload of Cowboy merch...one day you will all see me on 60 Minutes exposing this league and recommending a class action racketeering and fraud suit...Attica!!
                        Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

i'm not following the part about chip jettisoning good players. that is the reason that the eagles are no longer good enough to win. kind of refutes the theory that the refs decide what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
                            Was the season. They were like oh Dak came out on top in OT? smother Philadelphia now and let's sell a shitload of Cowboy merch...one day you will all see me on 60 Minutes exposing this league and recommending a class action racketeering and fraud suit...Attica!!
                            You been drinking?

Comment

I BELIEVE THE NFL STEPPED IN AND SAID NO WAY THEIR BELOVED PACKERS LOSE 5 IN A ROW, AND MADE DAMN SURE OF IT, ......AS IF THEY NEEDED HELP BEATING THE IGGS TONIGHT, WHICH THEY DIDN'T.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                              X