Reminder: Most ppl thought this was a 6-10 team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder: Most ppl thought this was a 6-10 team

I've calmed down after last night, and most of the holes everyone thought were there, are still there and the QB is still a rookie.

Doug worries me though. He's scary stupid at times.
    Last edited by JuTMSY4; 11-29-2016, 09:50 AM.

Just look at the offensive side of the ball last night:

Bryce Treggs is a castoff from a 1-10 team;
    Paul Turner is a practice squad player;
    Wendell Smallwood is a 5th round rookie running back;
    Darren Sproles is 50 years old;
    DGB was traded straight up for the worst lineman on a below average offensive line;
    Agholor is seeing a sports psychiatrist and didn't dress;
    The future left tackle is serving a 10 game suspension for a second PED violation

There's a reason they only scored 13 points. They don't have good players. It's pretty simple. They aren't a good team.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
      I've calmed down after last night, and most of the holes everyone thought were there, are still there and the QB is still a rookie.

YOU MEAN THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY ARE?
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Pretty much

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
        YOU MEAN THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY ARE?
        In Gomer we trust!
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

At the beginning of the season, I was thinking 7 & 9. Everybody and includingredients myself became disillusioned that they were going to go deep into the playoffs.
          In the off-season
          Howie needs to sign two WR's in free agency. This coaching staff is incapable of drafting quality WR'so.

Draft two CB'S, Three OL, RB, DE and LB's.

This team is about two to three years away.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post

Yup. This season is done now but its all fixable if you have a QB. Pedey is the easiest to fix of all. Coaches are a dime a dozen.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Yep. They are who we thought they were. Just got sucked in by that mirage start.

OL
              WR
              DB

to call those units a disaster is an understatement.

Comment

Bad injuries on the OL. Vaitai recovered well and Lane needs to stay clean. Kelce needs to be replaced. We've got some depth there though and I think they could spend a few later round picks there.

CB or WR should be the 1st pick.

Comment

Corner needs to be the first and second picks.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                    Just look at the offensive side of the ball last night:

Bryce Treggs is a castoff from a 1-10 team;
                    Paul Turner is a practice squad player;
                    Wendell Smallwood is a 5th round rookie running back;
                    Darren Sproles is 50 years old;
                    DGB was traded straight up for the worst lineman on a below average offensive line;
                    Agholor is seeing a sports psychiatrist and didn't dress;
                    The future left tackle is serving a 10 game suspension for a second PED violation

There's a reason they only scored 13 points. They don't have good players. It's pretty simple. They aren't a good team.
                    I actually really like Smallwood. He looks like he can really play. He was an ankle trip from breaking one for 60 yards. Too bad dumb Doug hates the running game.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

He may turn out to be a good player. I don't hate him at all. But looking at the totality of what's out there, it's just not good enough.

Comment

The problem is that they are regressing.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                          He may turn out to be a good player. I don't hate him at all. But looking at the totality of what's out there, it's just not good enough.
                          True...but there are possible pieces.

Totality yes...but there are pieces. Wideouts stink. Tightened are iffy and the oline is a mess.

They need a center, lg and another tackle.
                          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I'm not as down on the o line as some. I think the biggest problem (aside from Lane's idiocy) has been injuries and a lack of continuity. If Peters will agree to move to guard for a few years and they replace Kelce, I think they will be fine there.

But the skill positions are abysmal. They need almost a complete overhaul at WR. I would keep Matthews but that's it. I'm not sure if Smallwood is the answer at RB, but I know Mathews and Sproles aren't. Ertz is not the answer at TE.

Comment

maybe, but I'll be Mr. Brightsides

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                              The problem is that they are regressing.
                              The oline is decimated by injuries/absences, especially last night. And the weaknesses at WR and CB were always glaring and teams are now taking advantage. Wentz did a lot with his feet last night and some of his biggest plays were gutted by dumb plays by other players.

So, I'm not sure it's regression so much as holes become more obvious. Other teams aren't dumb and take advantage of those issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X