Reminder: Most ppl thought this was a 6-10 team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    I'm not as down on the o line as some. I think the biggest problem (aside from Lane's idiocy) has been injuries and a lack of continuity. If Peters will agree to move to guard for a few years and they replace Kelce, I think they will be fine there.

But the skill positions are abysmal. They need almost a complete overhaul at WR. I would keep Matthews but that's it. I'm not sure if Smallwood is the answer at RB, but I know Mathews and Sproles aren't. Ertz is not the answer at TE.
    It's possible smallwood may be another westbrook (we can only be so lucky)...but they'll need a less injury prone buckhalter to take the load off as well.

The good thing is that there are a bunch of running backs in this years draft. Won't need to draft one really high....so they can save those picks for wideout, corner and o-line.

If they can score a wideout in FA (like hopefully Pryor), then wideout could move down the priority list.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

8 games since the 3-0 start have been against the top 7 teams in the NFC and Green Bay(a team better than their record). 5 of the games against the top 7 were on the road, 3 of those teams coming off a bye.

I know the above just looks like excuses but they have gone through a rough schedule and while they didn't handle it well in the standings we can all agree they could've and probably should've won 2-3 of those games.

They are better than I expected, but I do hate the way they have folded lately.
      Last edited by Mr. Triple Dip; 11-29-2016, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Same fucking weaknesses. Every. Damn. Season.
        WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

This is a fair point - the schedule has turned out to be pretty rough. Too rough for a not-so-good team.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I think they can get one more win.

And be the 6 and 10 team we expected.

Comment

I had low expectations for this season but with how they have played I consider it a failure now if they miss the postseason.

Also would be surprised but far from shocked if they won out and finished 10-6(which with losses to Det and GB still might not be good enough to make it).

Comment

I see absolutely zero chance of a real turnaround with a coach like Pederson at the helm.

I do not see NFL HC material when I watch him.

Comment

Pederson = Pyle. Not Gomer. Pyle. Private Pyle.

Comment

This is my challenge flag
                    There are many like it
                    But this one is mine!
                    My challenge flag is my best friend
                    It is my life!
                    I must use it whenever possible
                    Even in the most pointless and unnecessary of conditions
                    That have no bearing on the outcome
                    Without me my challenge flag is useless
                    Without my challenge flag I Am USELESS
                    I must throw my challenge flag true
                    I must throw straight into the referee'S line of sight!
                    I must throw my challenge flag better than the other coach
                    Who is trying to out challenge me
                    I must challenge my play before he challenges his
                    Before the great forehead Jeff Lurie I swear this is my creed
                    My challenge flag and I are defenders of the outcome of this game!
                    We are the masters of our opponents
                    We are the ultimate truth
                    Amen
                    Last edited by Ellsworth; 11-29-2016, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Ha. Brilliant.
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                        Too bad dumb Doug hates the running game.
                        Meh. The run/pass feels more balanced overall than Reid was. But it's too random. Lots of runs one week, not enough the next. And too many short yardage carries for Sproles.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                          Meh. The run/pass feels more balanced overall than Reid was. But it's too random. Lots of runs one week, not enough the next. And too many short yardage carries for Sproles.
                          I would agree with the first few games. Last 5 weeks or so...it hasn't seemed balanced at all... And hasnt made sense either.
                          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                            The oline is decimated by injuries/absences, especially last night. And the weaknesses at WR and CB were always glaring and teams are now taking advantage. Wentz did a lot with his feet last night and some of his biggest plays were gutted by dumb plays by other players.

So, I'm not sure it's regression so much as holes become more obvious. Other teams aren't dumb and take advantage of those issues.
                            Notice though the eagles seem to rarely take advantage of another teams weakness? How many times have they gone against a piss poor running game only to allow 100+ and multiple scores? Yesterday was no different. The packers hadn't scored a rushing team td in 10 weeks I believe? And of course as the announcer says it what happens.. a rushing touchdown.

I just don't get how this team can never take advantage of mismatches or deficiencies of another team yet get toasted for their own nearly every week.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeHeadedMonster View Post
                              Notice though the eagles seem to rarely take advantage of another teams weakness? How many times have they gone against a piss poor running game only to allow 100+ and multiple scores? Yesterday was no different. The packers hadn't scored a rushing team td in 10 weeks I believe? And of course as the announcer says it what happens.. a rushing touchdown.

I just don't get how this team can never take advantage of mismatches or deficiencies of another team yet get toasted for their own nearly every week.
                              It's that smarter than you bullshit Doug has been pulling all season. "They'll be expecting this so I'm going to do something completely different."

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                                I've calmed down after last night, and most of the holes everyone thought were there, are still there and the QB is still a rookie.

Doug worries me though. He's scary stupid at times.
                                I thought they were a 2 win team. In other words, the team that played last night.

I'm glad we screwed up Cleveland's pick with a few extra, otherwise meaningless, wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X