Running game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running game

Look at any QB during a season where he has had a dominant running game - Wilson, Newton, Foles, Romo, Dak, RG3, Kaepernick, etc.

The Eagles need WRs, but they also need a legit running game if Wentz is going to be successful.

If only they had a franchise RB.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Chicken or Egg?

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
    Look at any QB during a season where he has had a dominant running game - Wilson, Newton, Foles, Romo, Dak, RG3, Kaepernick, etc.

The Eagles need WRs, but they also need a legit running game if Wentz is going to be successful.

If only they had a franchise RB.
    When you have SHIT up front, you don't have a running OR passing game. OL is the root of the O's ills right now.
    WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Agreed - it all starts with having a decent line. Build that, and the rest should follow.

Comment

THIS SQUAD IS FULL OF HOLES EVERYWHERE. I FIGURE AT LEAST A THIRD OF THIS TEAM NEEDS TO BE REPLACED.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I think next year...

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
          Agreed - it all starts with having a decent line. Build that, and the rest should follow.
          Lame - Peters - Seumalo - Brooks - high draft pick

Bench: Barbre, Vaitai, draft picks and a couple B, C, Js

Comment

fortunately on unfortunately, I think Vaitai is the next RT

Comment

we were Plug and play for many years,

but when you added a guy like Westbrook the line looked even better and he was great, so yes we need both!

but the better you are up front the better you will be period!
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

I think this OL is good enough, if healthy, while they have Peters. They need to add depth, assuming they believe in Vaitai. But they also don't have a legit, 3-down RB on this team right now. Maybe work towards replacing Kelce in the next couple of years.
                Last edited by Melchior; 12-12-2016, 01:46 PM.
                "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  Lame - Peters - Seumalo - Brooks - high draft pick

Bench: Barbre, Vaitai, draft picks and a couple B, C, Js
                  I think Vaitai can be a starter, but we do need to spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on the OL.

Comment

Iit's starting to look like it'll take more than one draft and free agency round to fix it all, barring any miraculous acquisitions. Hopefully the fan base (and the press) can stomach the wait instead of calling to shitcan the whole mess yet again.

Comment

They were running the ball very effectively before the OL and season went to shit. Take a RB if there is a good one on the board next season, but WR is by far the more pressing need.

Comment

Addressing WR in free agency could allow them to draft multiple corners at the top, which is the bigger need IMO. This is the draft for it too.

Comment

You can get a solid RB later in the draft. I just don't see guys like Smallwood/Barner getting extra attention from defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                            Iit's starting to look like it'll take more than one draft and free agency round to fix it all, barring any miraculous acquisitions. Hopefully the fan base (and the press) can stomach the wait instead of calling to shitcan the whole mess yet again.
                            If Wentz progresses rather than regresses next year I do not think playoff aspirations are unreasonable next season.

I don't believe the OL is as bad as everyone makes it out to be. They are just beat up right now and Johnson's stupid actions really messed them up. The big question there is if we could get one more year out of Peters. People had written him off during this past preseason. Other question will be if Johnson will do something stupid again.

If they have a good draft and approach FA wisely they could be a playoff contender next year, IMO. Getting that first round pick back was yuge, no matter what number it is in the first round.
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

You really need to raft OL to get the quality you need. If they are available in FA there is always a lurking issue...like the get ebola on game day.

Comment

Working...
                              X